Canada border

Jgriff

FNG
Any stories from the Canada border opening today? We were supposed to go on a fly-in fishing trip last week, and had the chance to go today, but after discussing it, we all decided it would be a cluster at the border crossings today, so we opted to skip this year again. Too much hassle and risk of not getting across after driving 12 hours to get there.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I just checked, yes it is open but you must show proof of vaccine. Other restriction so check online. Not sure how long it will stay open because it's a one way deal, US not letting people in., at least not tourist.

I saw a video someone took from an overpass north of Grand Forks yesterday and there were north-bound semis parked on the I-29 as far as you could see. If you've never been to that part of the world, you can basically see until the earth curves.

Have some friends moving/driving to the lower 48 in a few days, it'll be interesting to hear what they have to say.

AKBC

Lil-Rokslider
I saw a video someone took from an overpass north of Grand Forks yesterday and there were north-bound semis parked on the I-29 as far as you could see. If you've never been to that part of the world, you can basically see until the earth curves.

Have some friends moving/driving to the lower 48 in a few days, it'll be interesting to hear what they have to say.
My daughter needs to get to Montana State (from Anchorage) by early next week. She is only partially vaccinated (first Pfizer jab a few days ago). I would really appreciate a report if you would be kind enough to pass along your friends experience crossing the border. I am afraid I will have to drive her car down for her. I think it will hinge on whether the Canadians consider her travel "essential" or not. Another daughter drove it a few weeks ago, was not vaccinated, and all they required was a negative covid test because they considered moving to the smaller states essential.

sneaky

"DADDY"
My daughter needs to get to Montana State (from Anchorage) by early next week. She is only partially vaccinated (first Pfizer jab a few days ago). I would really appreciate a report if you would be kind enough to pass along your friends experience crossing the border. I am afraid I will have to drive her car down for her. I think it will hinge on whether the Canadians consider her travel "essential" or not. Another daughter drove it a few weeks ago, was not vaccinated, and all they required was a negative covid test because they considered moving to the smaller states essential.
I guess you could always put her and her car on the ferry to Seattle and skip Canada entirely

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tuffcity

WKR
There has been a lot of US traffic on the road through the YT all summer. Lots of people obviously moving either north or south so I doubt it will be much of a problem for her to drive to MT. Coming out of AK is probably the easiest of border crossings to do.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/border

About halfway down the page is Alaska/Canada specific info.

OP
Jgriff

Jgriff

FNG
We were scheduled to go fishing in Canada in early August and could have went this past year but decided to skip the madness of their finally opening the border. We are scheduled to go this year, but we have some of the group that’s not vaxed and a couple of kids whose parents don’t want them to get the vax.

I was just curious if anyone has crossed recently and what experiences everyone is having or hearing about. Trying to figure out if we have any options at all.

Kotaman

WKR
I crossed twice to hunt last fall. Once in September and once in November. As long as you have the ArriveCAN app (vaccination card, passport and quarantine plan uploaded) and a negative test within 72 hours, you’re good to go. Both crossings were seamless for me. I would guess those without the vax won’t be allowed to cross In any circumstance.