Canada US border open?!?!

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Quite honestly I think this whole thing is a bunch of bull shit. Guys spend an ton of money to go on these trips we can’t reschedule we just dragged along at 30 day clips. If the damn border opens up two days before our hunt we are expected to be there or forefit the contract. They make the novel coronavirus out to be the plague. It’s far from it

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
I know a guy who cancelled his stone sheep hunt

I really feel for anyone who has been looking forward to a hunt of a lifetime, and training for 2 yrs, etc. to not be able to go due to all of this. Hopefully all the outfitters are able to work it out with the clients

SoDaky

WKR
Definitely not June.
If Covid spikes up in US not likely until it abates be it early Fall,or whenever.

Pk_in_Dallas

Lil-Rokslider
Trudeau has already said multiple times that he is taking safety over economy when it comes to Covid and the border. A few months ago he said that he wasn’t going to open the border until a vaccine is available. Seems crazy to me.

The Mexican & US border is open though.

I told my wife today that I’m going to hunt Canada if the border opens in November and Sonora Mexico in January.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSPMich

FNG
Anyone hearing any rumblings on when the border will open?

I know many have had hunts cancelled, I believe currently Ontario is closed to Michigan residents until July 21. I am supposed to go fishing Aug. 1, Iḿ thinking we probably won´t be going this year.

Pk_in_Dallas

Lil-Rokslider
Some of the outfitters think the border will not open up for another year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brsnow

WKR
Things are a mess down here, unlikely to see borders open up to US residents.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly the US/Canada relationship is very strained and our case numbers have no one wanting US citizens to travel. I would be shocked if recreational travel resumed before next summer. Right or wrong everyone has an argument but Canada has stood strong on their opinion that they will allow the economy to struggle and fail before they will risk cross border travel. I just hope we can get in next year.

Elk97

WKR
Just read that only 6% of BC residents want to open the border. Don't think it's going to be any time soon.

KBC

WKR
No matter what you believe regarding the conspiracies etc. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say the coronavirus is pretty bad for a specific part of the population. Until your country gets things under control I would prefer you didn’t come to mine. I don’t want to explain to my kids that grandma and grandpa aren’t around anymore because we got a second wave after opening the border.
After we get through this please come on up, I’ll buy you a beer or some maple syrup if you’re into that more.

Last edited:

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah it’s not happening this year. I’m far from a pessimistic person but I hope to god we have no issues in 2021. If 21 doesn’t happen businesses will not be able to sustain two seasons in a row and a lot of us will be out of huge investments.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
No maters what you believe regarding the conspiracies etc. I don’t think it’s a stretch to say the coronavirus is pretty bad for a specific part of the population. Until your country gets things under control I would prefer you didn’t come to mine. I don’t want to explain to my kids that grandma and grandpa aren’t around anymore because we got a second wave after opening the border.
After we get through this please come on up, I’ll buy you a beer or some maple syrup if you’re into that more.

this is how I feel about things here in Alaska, unfortunatly the elected politicians don’t actually care about what Alaskan residents want and the covid cases keep increasing.

Fisherhahn

Lil-Rokslider
If I had a sept-oct hunt I might have some hope. I have a Quebec fishing trip set for July 30 and the current restrictions go until July 21. I’ll have 9 days notice either way. I’m sure they will extend the closure again so I’m not planning on going. I also believe the border will be an all or nothing opening. You can’t open it in one state but not another or you are going to get people flocking to the open areas. I’m a 5-10 minute drive to the border and normally go over once a month at least for dinners and a couple times per week while fishing Lake Erie. Can’t even fish over the line right now as the US and CAN coastguards will point you back to your own side. They are nice about it though... I also cross to get a flavor of ice cream I can only find in Canada- Tiger Tail ice cream. Best thing I’ve ever had. Orange ice cream swirled with black licorice ice cream!