Canada

Sherman

WKR
As I sit and watch Calgary vs Edmonton I keep wondering what it’s really like living in Canada.

I mean, my only references are The Trailer Park Boys and Letterkenny.

I’m just going to assume that all Canadian woman are depicted in Letterkenny and most men are similar to Bubbles.

We have Canada to blame for The Barenaked Ladies and Nickleback, which is basically grounds to nuke them off the map, but then I remember that Rush is from Canada and that more than makes up for it.

Do you guys hate Barenaked Ladies and Nickelback and love Rush as much as Americans?

Any Canadians on here to confirm my assumptions?

Looking forward to reading the responses to this thread from real Canadians, but your question reminded me of this video I saw years ago...

And leave Nickelback alone...

Scottyboy

WKR
And they are somewhat forgiven being they gave us trailer park boys (*except recent season which are DAF). Stick with seasons 1-5ish and we can be friends.

In answering your question, between trailer park boys and Terrance and Phillip from South Park we pretty much have Canada dialed in.

Dalen88

Lil-Rokslider
i dont get the nickleback thing, there is way worse rock bands out there, i feel like it got to be "a cool thing to do to hate them". Dont get me wrong not my favorite band by any means. Barenaked ladies could go away and i would care. Go down to visit america quite often because i live 1.5 hours away from the border and dont find it any different other than i wish i could carry a handgun and wish i could fill up my truck and buy a 6 pack at the same time.

OP
Sherman

Sherman

WKR
i dont get the nickleback thing, there is way worse rock bands out there, i feel like it got to be "a cool thing to do to hate them". Dont get me wrong not my favorite band by any means. Barenaked ladies could go away and i would care. Go down to visit america quite often because i live 1.5 hours away from the border and dont find it any different other than i wish i could carry a handgun and wish i could fill up my truck and buy a 6 pack at the same time.
If it makes you feel better, that whole “post-grunge-want-to-be-grunge” era blows monkey balls. Creed, 3 Doors Down, 3 Days Grace, Daughtry, and Lifehouse are just a few I can think of that are just as bad, if not worse, that Nickelback, yet all sound the same.

WCB

WKR
Lived in Canada while playing junior hockey in Ontario. Really basically the same as here where I was minus the terrible practice of putting vinegar on everything. I was there during the time period of the height of Nickelback, 3 doors down, Crossfade, Evanescence etc. Still WAAAAYYY better music than Rush.

Tim Hortons, Poutine, picking up some smoked fish on the side of the road. Of course I am from MN so not much difference IMO from here at least when I was there. The girls were the same to chase as back home also.

Of course that was about 18 years ago...so maybe things have changed.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
If it makes you feel better, that whole “post-grunge-want-to-be-grunge” era blows monkey balls. Creed, 3 Doors Down, 3 Days Grace, Daughtry, and Lifehouse are just a few I can think of that are just as bad, if not worse, that Nickelback, yet all sound the same.

…..the fact that you know the names of all those bands….