Canadian boarder crossing

I'm going to be crossing the boarder in route to Alaska with a bunch of ammo. I have found online the amount that I am authorized however, I can't find any regs on how it needs to be stored or declared.
For those that have crossed what's been your experience?
Do they want a spread sheet with exact amount of each caliber?
Each manufacturer?
Does powder have to be separated from primers and ammo?

Thanks

KBC

WKR
Check your country’s laws about taking ammo out as well. Coming into Canada I can bring home any amount of ammo under 5000 rounds but I could be arrested if caught in the USA trying to take any ammo out of the country.

Disagree.....you are not inspected DEPARTING the United States.

Having just driven across last month....I was not aware of the ArriveCAN app. We got turned around until we downloaded the App and completed the entry application via the App. COVID certs and a good bit of info required.

OP
HuntInWild88
Check your country’s laws about taking ammo out as well. Coming into Canada I can bring home any amount of ammo under 5000 rounds but I could be arrested if caught in the USA trying to take any ammo out of the country.
If only transporting through Canada I'm actually allowed 50,000 round of small arms ammunition.
It sounds like you live in Canada? Your regulations are much different than U.S. citizens traveling through Canada to Alaska.

Having just driven across last month....I was not aware of the ArriveCAN app. We got turned around until we downloaded the App and completed the entry application via the App. COVID certs and a good bit of info required.
I'm aware of the Arrivecan app although havnt had a chance to get on there and upload any of my docs. I'll be sure to get on there and read through that thoroughly. Thanks for the head up!

Sam Colt

Lil-Rokslider

Do they provide you a loaner phone?

KBC

WKR

Yes you normally won’t be searched leaving the USA by American border guards but they do walk the line up to get into Canada from time to time when it’s long and stretches into the USA. It would be wise to know the rules beforehand to avoid any issues. A lot of hunters give away their passion with stickers on the truck. Easy target.

KBC

WKR
I’ll admit I don’t know if the rules for bringing ammo out of the USA are only for non-Americans. My post was just to point out to check your own country’s laws as well.

If it’s illegal for you to do it, you will get busted when you cross back into Alaska and declare it.