Canadian Boarder opening?

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
I'm hoping to be hunting in Alberta in 2021. Has anyone heard of an update about their boarder opening back up?

JGross1

FNG
We have an Ontario bear hunt scheduled for the fall of 2021 that was pushed back from this past September. There are a lot of factors that will play into the border opening (Both medical and political). Vaccination approval and distribution will weigh the heaviest as US numbers are skyrocketing. They may make it mandatory to cross the border. Just hoping it doesn't become to political. Trying to stay optimistic.

Scoot

WKR
Planning to go to Alaska anytime in the next 12 months is probably not a great idea. My guess is that it will open up on Jan. 1st, 2022. Totally a guess, but I'd be a beer I'm not too terribly far off.

Curious? Are they permitting through traffic (non commercial) on the Alaska highway? My buddy moved his family back from Anchorage in an RV earlier this year. I should ask him how he got through.

EastMT

WKR
My guess is it will be open to the vaccinated with a negative test, but that’s speculation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KBC

WKR
They have been letting people through to go to Alaska or come home but you have to take the fastest route and not stop for anything but essentials. There have been a few Americans fined a decent amount for taking the scenic route and stopping where they shouldn’t.

I am considered an "esssential worker" and cross the border every day. They aren't letting anyone through without a mighty fine reason, and even then you would need to quarantine for two weeks before being allowed to go anywhere. And quarantine won't count as bear camp lol. If you have immediate family sometimes people are being allowed across to visit but that is also requiring a 2 week quarantine. Overall it really is shut down.

tuffcity

WKR
Seeing as how the PM (I can't bring myself to call him my Prime Minister) shit the bed on getting vaccines lined up - I think once Mexico and Serbia are done we might be next- US travelers might stand a better shot at travel in Canada than the people from the next province over!

EastMT

WKR
Yes I passed from AK with home contract, proof of job transfer, zero problems. My parents passed through to AK as they summer south. They would not allow them to pass back through south, had to fly and leave the truck up north. They are hoping to have everything normalized next summer, but hard telling at this point.

The really funny thing is I passed through with a ton of guns and ammo, had it all on paper, round counts, primer counts, powder weights, everything. 4 international border checks, everyone was so scared of CV19 not one single person asked to see a single gun, zero.

Was a real pain in one PO-dunk town the internet was down, can’t pay at the pump for gas due to this, not allowed to go in and pay. Luckily some really nice lady took our money in and paid for our gas.

With the announcement today that Canada has approved the use of Pfizers and BioNTech's vaccine, things may be changing soon. One can hope at least.

Pk_in_Dallas

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve heard that middle of next year would be the earliest. Canada is last in line for the Pfizer vaccine as they didn’t get on the pre order list like the US did. Heard that Trudeau isn’t going to open the door to non resident non essential visitors until the covid cases drop below 10k per day for the US. They are at 173k as of today.

brsnow

WKR
I’ve heard that middle of next year would be the earliest. Canada is last in line for the Pfizer vaccine as they didn’t get on the pre order list like the US did. Heard that Trudeau isn’t going to open the door to non resident non essential visitors until the covid cases drop below 10k per day for the US. They are at 173k as of today.

I believe the US is pretty far down the vaccine list as well currently compared to other countries currently so might be tough to visit countries that require the vaccine to enter.

We receive 1300 vaccines tomorrow. Granted that will only treat 650 people but its a start are we are a rural county. It won't take long to roll out. Most states/counties should be getting them starting tomorrow and into next week. Front line medical, then high comorbidity risk patients and on down will likely be the rollout.

Pk_in_Dallas

Lil-Rokslider
I’m paid up already for a mule deer hunt in Canada that was bumped but I’m already hedging my bets as I did back in March that the border will not be open next year come November. I will be going to Mexico this January instead of Canada. More expensive but looking forward to it.

Elk97

WKR
I just talked to a local CBP officer yesterday. He said March at the earliest, but don't hold your breath, they don't want us up there.