Canadian Border Update

Closure of the Canada border is on the 4th extension with an update September 21. It is expected the border will remain closed for the remainder of the year.​

• Banned
OP
Where's Bruce?
By previous comment was from last year...expect good news from Canada in the coming 3 weeks.

tsm213

FNG
Can’t speak for anywhere else but in Saskatchewan. We are looking at lifting all restrictions in July. The federal government has f-Ed this thing up right from the start. To bad out provincial government doesn’t look after the border.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like for non resident tourists they are suggesting 75 percent full vaccination. One can hope we get to cross by end of August. They will have enough for those numbers by July but Canada needs to administer them and wait the 2 weeks for immunity.

Murphy

Lil-Rokslider
What do you guys think the chances of either country hitting 70 or 75% vaccination rate? I will be real surprised if we reach 70 here in U.S.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
What do you guys think the chances of either country hitting 70 or 75% vaccination rate? I will be real surprised if we reach 70 here in U.S.

For us not a chance. I work in health care. We don’t have the buy in on vaccines Canada does. We also aren’t being made prisoners of our own country either. I think if they can ramp up vaccines and we get supply to them then they will hit the mark by august.

homers

WKR
At least in the US, we don't need 70% vaccination rate to hit herd immunity. We need a reasonable accurate estimate to the the 10's of millions who have had COVID with or without symptoms (ie, anitbody protection) added to the vaccinated numbers to see the bigger picture. Plus we really need to take the population under 12 out of the equations.

Hookhunter75

Lil-Rokslider
Well that just about screws the pooch for anyone going for the sheep opener August 1.

What a load of BS. The only announcement coming Monday is how this will affect vaccinated Canadians.

We have lifted ban and our Vaccines are going to Canada. We also just gave a G7 country a freebie 1 million MRNA shot. Clarity would be nice. But how can you expect that from two liberal leaders one of whom is demented.