Canadian Dall Outfitters

docdb

Lil-Rokslider
I would love to have some references for Dall Sheep Guides in Canada. I've been to Blackstone and McKenzie Mountain Outfitters......loved them both. Who else should I be checking?
Don

Kotaman

WKR
MMO, ARctic Red, Nahanni Butte/Lancasters, Canol, Gana River, Yukon Peak...Most of the NWT outfits are pretty reputable and it is a matter of "getting comfortable" and deciding what type of hunt you want with an outfitter. I'm hunting Dalls with Yukon Peak next year. (Tombstone for Fannins in the Yukon this year) I'm sure I missed some good ones, but I wouldn't be afraid to hunt with any of these.

Last edited:

mulecreek

FNG
After hunting with MMO, I would look no further. I cant imagine anyone else would run a better operation. But in all honesty all mentioned so far have great reputations. Also add Ravens Throat to the mix. I have heard good things about them as well.

OLI62

FNG
MMO, ARctic Red, Nahanni Butte/Lancasters, Canol, Gana River, Yukon Peak...Most of the NWT outfits are pretty reputable and it is a matter of "getting comfortable" and deciding what type of hunt you want with an outfitter. I'm hunting Dalls with Yukon Peak next year. (Tombstone for Fannins in the Yukon this year) I'm sure I missed some good ones, but I wouldn't be afraid to hunt with any of these.

Kotaman, when will you be hunting with Yukon Peak next year? Only reason I ask is that I'm booked for Dall with them first week of August next year.

Kotaman

WKR
Kotaman, when will you be hunting with Yukon Peak next year? Only reason I ask is that I'm booked for Dall with them first week of August next year.

I’m in the second week next year. We’ll have to compare notes. Good luck!

Big338

FNG
Bonnet plume outfitters in Yukon killed 12-13 year old ram in 2016.
Going NWT in 2 years with Lancaster family hunts

If going with Yukon Peak...you'll do well if you get to hunt with Gary Cruickshank. He guided for Dan Reynolds several years and I believe he switched over when Yukon Peak changed owners...last full year with Dan was 2017, and I was up there Sept 2016 for my 4th hunt with Reynolds, for a combo Fannin/AK-Moose, but I hunted with Spencer Wallace. Gary is a hard-worker, can judge rams really well, and you better have legs of steel to keep up with him. He absolutely wore out a buddy of mine from Atlanta when we were there in 2015...a sheep-finding machine!
All of the above outfits listed are top notch...so many choices and so little time...LOL! As Jack Atcheson, Sr said "Go hunting while you are able".
DWD

Fishn4eyes

Lil-Rokslider
I just got back from Canol yesterday. They do a great job.

7 hunters killed 7 nice rams in 7 days of hunting. Almost everyone was done by day 4 including one bow kill. The last ram was killed by bow as well.

Glenda does a great job running Canol and they have a seasoned staff.

Kotaman

WKR
I just got back from Canol yesterday. They do a great job.

7 hunters killed 7 nice rams in 7 days of hunting. Almost everyone was done by day 4 including one bow kill. The last ram was killed by bow as well.

Glenda does a great job running Canol and they have a seasoned staff.

Canol has killed some GREAT rams already this year. Congrats to you! Glenda appears to be the "real deal" for this outfit.

bradb

WKR
Ya that one ram on Canol facebook is 43"

Dang gets me excited and helping with the torn meniscus couple weeks ago

Glenda is the real deal! I had a great bowhunt for Dalls with Canol the first year they were in business. Great area too!

Last edited:

Fishn4eyes

Lil-Rokslider
Ya that one ram on Canol facebook is 43"

Dang gets me excited and helping with the torn meniscus couple weeks ago

The one in the link on the Facebook page was from '18.

The Twisty one from this year measured right at 40", maybe 41" like Nick said.

There were some very nice rams shot the past week no doubt.

The one I shot wasn't super long but had lamb tips and was tipped out a bit which is exactly what I was looking for.

I hunted with Dustin Roe and Kash Mair with Steven Drake along for the pic taking.

Great crew, we had a helluva lot of fun and Dustin shot one with his bow four days after I got mine so I got two hunts for the price of one.

A great week that went too fast.

Good luck guys!

Last edited:

cdohtodd

FNG
I hunted Tombstone in 16. Great area and took a dark fannin. Glen and Glenda were my guides. Headed to Canol to hunt with them in 1 month.