canadian vs Yukon size

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
If you have a 50” Yukon moose and a 50” Canadian moose will they still weigh about the same? I’ve seen some 50” moose taken in central regions of Alberta, BC and Newfoundland and their bodies and racks typically look smaller even if they score the same

From my limited experience, no. I’ve only cut up a dozen AK-Yukon moose and laid hands on probably somewhere between 150-200 Canadian (ND) moose and I would say generally the Canadian are noticeably smaller. I’ve fit a 50 inch Canadian bull whole into a 8 foot pickup box. The smallest (44”) AK-Yukon bull I’ve cut up I wouldn’t even consider trying that.

OP
C

Chirogrow

Lil-Rokslider
From my limited experience, no. I’ve only cut up a dozen AK-Yukon moose and laid hands on probably somewhere between 150-200 Canadian (ND) moose and I would say generally the Canadian are noticeably smaller. I’ve fit a 50 inch Canadian bull whole into a 8 foot pickup box. The smallest (44”) AK-Yukon bull I’ve cut up I wouldn’t even consider trying that.
Thanks for the reply and it sounds like you have very extensive experience compared to most!!

PA Hunter

WKR
I agree Canadian are considerably smaller. I typically only get 400 lbs deboned meat on a larger Canadian sized moose. Its not that easy to get a 50 in Canadian rack atleast in Newfoundland anyway.