Canadian Wolf Hunt

So I went and did something I never really thought I would do. Bought a hunt. Figured my best chance at a wolf. So I will be heading to Northern Alberta here in January. Pretty stoked to go on this hunt. Got a pretty sweet deal on it. I figure I will be into the whole thing under $4k when its all said and done (Besides Taxi). No limit on wolves once I get there for the 6 day hunt. I will try and get as many pictures and play the trip out when I get back.

Felix40

WKR
Im curious to see how you do. That seems like a bunch of money for a wolf but on the other hand it sounds like its dang hard to find one on your own.

OP
jarheadhunter
Im curious to see how you do. That seems like a bunch of money for a wolf but on the other hand it sounds like its dang hard to find one on your own.
The hunt normally cost $9K for two people. We got it for $4400 for two. By the time you get airfare, rental truck, hotel for two nights and tip it gets up there. I know people who have been trying in the states for 4-5 years and have more invested then that.

Obsessed1

Lil-Rokslider
What area of northern alberta are you going? The wolf population up here has exploded in the last 10 years. I live north of grande prairie Alberta, coyotes and wolves abound up here

OP
jarheadhunter
What area of northern alberta are you going? The wolf population up here has exploded in the last 10 years. I live north of grande prairie Alberta, coyotes and wolves abound up here
I will be flying into Edmonton and then driving 7 hrs north. Could of flown into Grand Prairie, but it was more money and still a 3 hr drive north from there.

Obsessed1

Lil-Rokslider
Yah flights into GP are ridiculous. We live about 45 min north of the city. If your outfitter knows what he's doing you should get more than a few chances at a wolf. There's piles of wolves from Cleardale/Worseley area to Peace river. And even a good few south of GP as well. You should have a great time. Who's the outfitter your hunting with?

OP
jarheadhunter
Well heading out tomorrow for Vegas to fly out Saturday. Suppose to be REALLY cold with "Highs" in the -20 range. Should be fun sitting in a blind for 7-8 hours a day. It will all be worth it if I get the opportunity.

danarnold

WKR
south of GP years ago, shared camp with this hunter
6HKUHIL.jpg

7WkUfi8.jpg

UQKAZ8b.jpg

ljalberta

WKR
She's brisk here at the moment for sure. Makes the experience authentic. Hope you get a bunch.