Cancelled my Amazon account

Button

WKR
I will tomorrow before it renews.
I deleted my FB in 2015 and never had a Snapchat or insta-false ego. It’s nice. Very nice. Especially when you do great things but don’t pimp it out for likes.

OP
H
FWIW, Amazon is partially made up from small businesses, my neighbor is one of them selling under the Amazon name. He has done very well….

Yup I had thought about that but I figured that I can do as someone mentioned above and find items I want and contact them to purchase outside of it.

99% of items I buy on there are not helping out a small business owner though

FLATHEAD

WKR
$$$$$$.....the problem.
people will sacrifice their principles and beliefs for it.
People had successful businesses before facebook.

*zap*

WKR
$$$$$$.....the problem.
people will sacrifice their principles and beliefs for it.
People had successful businesses before facebook.

Yes, the greed of a very soft society....money, reputation and possessions become more important than morals and character.

• Character is the distinctive qualities of an individual whereas reputation is the general opinion of others of a person.
  • Character takes years to build whereas reputation is built in a very short period.
  • Character is who you are (internal), but reputation is how the society sees you (external).
It is very disconcerting to me that so many people in this society have a total lack of character....

Are these latest big businesses some how different from the Railroads, oil extraction, logging companies, mining, steel mills, ect… from the past?
History would seem to have it that big business and big money has always driven this countries politics.

I suppose the cancel culture existed then as well.

Baddog

WKR
Are these latest big businesses some how different from the Railroads, oil extraction, logging companies, mining, steel mills, ect… from the past?
History would seem to have it that big business and big money has always driven this countries politics.

I suppose the cancel culture existed then as well.
A buddy brought this point up awhile back when discussing Amazon and Facebook. Still undecided on it…

On the heels of youtube, twitter, fakebook canceling and or removing accounts and post from conservatives, amazon decided choke out a start up social media site by canceling their server contract. I’ve never had any social media accounts but that tells you everything you need to know about what their motives are and that they have no respect for the people I best identify with.

That was what motivated me to cancel our subscription. When bozo gifted the communist van jones and the other clown 100 million each I wish I had done it sooner.

I don't even know what Parler is.

Can somebody link some articles that give some context to all of this?
Big tech decided to make a new set of rules for conservatives and proceeded to ban posters, remove and censor content in an effort to stop the free flow exchange of information and ideas. Several start up tech companies came on the scene to give a platform for the millions that had been deplatformed, parlor being one of those. Amazon had leased out servers for parlor to use and after they got up and running they canceled the server contract crippling the company.