Cancer cancer cancer

toddb

Lil-Rokslider
I got diagnosed with lymphoma cancer last week and today is day of 1st chemo. 6 cycles of 3 weeks which put recovery to late and will miss my 1st elk season since starting in 1984. This cancer is very curable and at age 54 that is on my side. Thank you todd babcock adams wisconsin.

Elk will always be there. Give your body the best fuel and exercise the best you can during this. Strong body and a strong mind helps throat punch cancer!

Matt21418

Lil-Rokslider
Kick it's ass Seabass...Thoughts and prayers with you and your family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Todd, my wife is a breast cancer survivor. The cancer metastasized into her lymph nodes. She went through 2 different chemo cycles of 12, and it never slowed her down (she is way tougher than I). I've had skin cancer, which was nothing. I did however, get injured very seriously. it took me 2+ years to recover. The hardest part for me, was not being able to get out there and hunt.It took time and determination, but that changed. In short, you'll get through this and be back to your passions.

Best wishes!

Gary

Tod osier

WKR
Sorry to hear it! Keep on the Drs and educate yourself... Plan for the long term and get back at it. Sounds like you have been living it up as far as your elk hunting, so be glad you have been living your life already and don't need the dope slap of illness to get at it! Best wishes.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Prayers sent for wisdom, healing, and recovery. Thanks for sharing this with us. Keep us in the loop as possible.

boom

WKR
my friend just kicked it's ass..and you will too!!

best wishes to you T.

elkduds

WKR
Some people will never know how strong they are. Sounds like you get to find out. Know you are healing, remind yourself often that you are certain of it. Surround yourself w others that know it as well. Reach out here and elsewhere when that wavers, or when you have a success to report. When you have gone through this tunnel, you will have important wisdom and strength to share w those just starting into their own tunnel.

AdamW

WKR
Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery! Saying the "C" word has to be tough so hang in there. I've had unfortunately more than a few family members go through chemo. Keep us posted on how your first round goes! One thing I've found interesting in recent reading is the increase in folks fasting the day of chemo vs the "you need to eat for your strength!" mindset. Seems some handle the chemo much better while fasting. Not giving advice here, just something that interested me.

Kick ass man!

7mag.

WKR
Stay strong and don't give up. No matter what gets thrown at you, you can get through it. Lots of life to enjoy yet.