CANIS-Who's using it and how do you like it?

Bump79

WKR
Wondering if anybody has used the Chamois Fleece and can compare it to the Sitka HW hoody? Need to replace my HW hoody that I lost...I'm sure I'll find it after I buy a new one.
I've got the Chamois 1/4 zip, Chamois Zip bottom and gloves. The material is very comfortable, stretches well, athletic fit but it doesn't hold up as well as my other clothing. To be frank I think they were just trying to bring out a new material so they could market the heck out of it. Unfortunately, it doesn't hit the mark in my opinion.

The zip bottom has a large abrasive seam right at the waist band that rubs if it gets above your underwear. The material likes to pile, has very low merino content and loves to get snagged. That's fine for a mid or base bottom but unacceptable for a mid or base top. The entire point of layering is the versatility of wearing each piece independently. I don't expect to see this 1/4 zip Chamois to last me very long at this point. Which is disappointing with all the durability hype they put out for the material.

If were to advise a new hoody the Peleton series from Kuiu. It's lighter, more durable, warmer and dries quicker faster than I thought anything could. It is seriously almost dry coming out of the washing machine. Look it up on here and you'll see how much love there is for that peice.