Canon g9xii scopecam kit

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wanted to bring some more light to this little guy. By far and away the best digiscoping setup I have used. With the universal adapter I can put on my binos or spotter quickly and then take the adapter off and screw it to my phone with the phonecam case. It’s a fantastic system if you’re a digiscoper.

0b6fcdb30fe187ab1bc43e92a2e7d8fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bayangler

FNG
I know this is an old thread but if you see this, I was wondering if you could weigh in on how this set up compares to using an iPhone alone for digiscoping. I have the Phonecam universal adapter but just upgraded to an iPhone13. With multiple cameras now, using the Otterbox with the tab on the case will mean covering up the other lenses which I don't want all the time. So I can either add a case for everyday use and then change to the other case for digiscoping or get a dedicated camera like this. Practically speaking (and cost aside), is using the camera easier and/or does it produce better images enough to justify carrying it instead of just switching between cases and using the iPhone?

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I know this is an old thread but if you see this, I was wondering if you could weigh in on how this set up compares to using an iPhone alone for digiscoping. I have the Phonecam universal adapter but just upgraded to an iPhone13. With multiple cameras now, using the Otterbox with the tab on the case will mean covering up the other lenses which I don't want all the time. So I can either add a case for everyday use and then change to the other case for digiscoping or get a dedicated camera like this. Practically speaking (and cost aside), is using the camera easier and/or does it produce better images enough to justify carrying it instead of just switching between cases and using the iPhone?
Yeah I have the the 12 pro with all of the lenses and I just swap cases. Or if I'm in the field and want to take a wide angle I just take the case off real quick. Not 100% ideal but not a big deal.

For most applications your iphone is going to be just fine. I film a lot and like the idea of having a dedicated camera that I know will not fill up on space when I'm needing it most. But a lot gets filmed through my phone too.

bayangler

FNG
Thanks for taking the time to answer this, really appreciate your input. Per your suggestion, I'll likely just stick to the iPhone with two cases at this point. I don't use it enough for there to be storage issues. The only thing that would push me into a dedicated camera would be if it's much easier to use or the photos come out much better. Thanks again.

Last edited:

TravisIN

WKR
This might be a dumb question, where did you get the attachment for the camera? I have the universal adapter that I use with my iPhone but am trying to figure out something for my Sony rx100. If I could use the adapter that be great

TravisIN

WKR
Nvm I finally found it . Must have moved off tines up site