Can't beat them, join them.......... Grizz in CO

You want to start a non-profit with me to relocate griz from WY and MT to CA and CO?? I did a poll a few months back and 90% of people on here supported bringing back griz to CA. Hunters may as well take the lead on this before the tree huggers do it. Also, expanding overall griz numbers takes away the endangered arguement used in MT , ID, and WY, to prevent hunting. If they are thriving in twice as many states, then there is easily an argument for having a hunt-able population.
As a Californian I would love to have grizzly back on the landscape

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
This thread is funny. Nobody else deserves to use the outdoors in Colorado except the OP.

Colorado has been over run with leftist calfirianians and east coast douche bags for at least twenty years, I say that because I lived there twenty years ago for a few years while I was in college and even then, it was almost rare to meet anybody who was actually from Colorado. I can only imagine what Boulder and the pearl street mall is like now in 2022.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Yeah, that’s what I said. Far from it, I guess winter started earlier up there, I won’t hold it against you.
Sorry, it seems like you are saying that you don't like seeing other people when you are in the outdoors so somebody should release killer apex predators so only true badasses like yourself can enjoy the trails.

OP
C
Sorry, it seems like you are saying that you don't like seeing other people when you are in the outdoors so somebody should release killer apex predators so only true badasses like yourself can enjoy the trails.

It was a thought. Badass, far from it. More like thinking about how everything liberal is being jammed down our throats with no regard. Just accept it seems to be the theme hence the thought, beat them at their own games.

Enjoy

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
It was a thought. Badass, far from it. More like thinking about how everything liberal is being jammed down our throats with no regard. Just accept it seems to be the theme hence the thought, beat them at their own games.

Enjoy
What games? why do you have a problem with people hiking? are you a liberal? you want to ruin the fun for others?

Azone

WKR
The “grizzly” bears that terrorized humans for hundreds of years in California were closer to coastal brown bears than interior grizzlies we know today. They were eradicated within 75 years of the gold discovery.

There’s a reason they were wiped out. Humans were scared of them because they are extremely territorial and aggressive compared to black bears. There’s an engraved “fear” of brown bears in all of us and there’s good reason for it.

For these hippies to start coalitions to reintroduce brown bears to California still cracks me up. There was talks of bringing them back to the Santa Cruz mountains a few years back. Good luck with that surfers and beach goers. Let me know how that works out for you.
Coastal brown bears in Santa Cruz! Now that would be hilarious, everyone would be on social media crying about how they are hostages in their own homes. Some of those people are so fried up there they would get mauled trying to pet the damn things.
Having brown bears back would probably help clean up all the illegal grow site occupants who leave mountains full of trash and leave chemicals in the mountains as well.

Last edited:
Can you imagine the damage grizz would inflict if they ever got back into the front range in Colorado. The garbage would fill the streets.