Can't keep Scott backspin hook from coming off d-loop

rhendrix

WKR
Ok so I bought a Scott backspin, awesome release, I love the way it fits in my hand. But no matter how cold I set the release up it fires as I'm drawing back to my anchor point. This isn't a matter of me not knowing how to shoot a hinge either. I've shot several without issue. What's the possible fixes for it slipping off the d-loop due to what I assume is too short of a loop or too short of a hook besides lengthening the loop?

Ron

Last edited:
OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Firing. Talked to Scott. They're gonna send me a new hook attachment. Hopefully that fixes the problem.

Just a thought and I know you said you have shot several hinges without issue, but due to the rotating index finger piece on the backspin could it be you need more thumb pressure on the peg until you anchor where in the past you have been able to apply more index finger pressure and draw and keep the release from rotating but now with the rotating index finger it is more prone to rotate? Just curious as that is what scott advertises the index finger rotation is for to help with release and decrease hangups.

EdLamp

FNG
Ok so I bought a Scott backspin, awesome release, I love the way it fits in my hand. But no matter how cold I set the release up it fires as I'm drawing back to my anchor point. This isn't a matter of me not knowing how to shoot a hinge either. I've shot several without issue. What's the possible fixes for it slipping off the d-loop due to what I assume is too short of a loop or too short of a hook besides lengthening the loop?

Ron
Hi Ron,

I have Backspin with the identical issue. Scott have sent out a replacement hook.
Can I ask how did you replace the hook?
It looks to be 'pinned'. Did you force them out and then back in again?

Much thanks

Ed