Can't wait

keep

Lil-Rokslider
I'm going on my first goat hunt in Aug in BC. Shevneng's thread is killing me. I've had it booked for 2 years and just been waiting. I started trying to prep this last July. The working out has netted a 25# loss in weight.
Then there is the joy of buying your gear. I'm about done with that and been very weight conscience. As it stands I will be heading up the mt with 40.63# total. That's everything including what I will be wearing, bow, pack and gear. I have about 3-4 more lbs to add and I should be done. Does that sound about right?

shanevg

WKR
That's awesome man! Truly the hunt of a lifetime in my opinion! I would give anything to be able to hunt mountain goats every year like those BC and AK residents.

As for pack weight, 40 pounds seems pretty good to me considering you are including your bow and clothes in that number.

Keep training to hunt. You always hear people talking about being in "sheep shape" but "goat shape" puts sheep shape to shame.

Be sure to take a lot of pictures and post them up here!

B

bearguide

sounds like a greAT TIME/anticipation is a lot of the fun

Keep, very excited for you!! Should be a trip of a lifetime! Shanevg I have been working on my Goat Shape for about 6 weeks now and am down a solid 15lbs, another 20 and by Mid May and them mountains will be easy!!!

shanevg

WKR
I can't recommend good CrossFit workout regimen enough if you want to get into goat shape for season. Register for Train to Hunt if you are good at doing workouts on your own or go find a local CrossFit gym and join up. You will seriously be in the best shape of your life! It'll all be worth it when season rolls around and you never have to question whether you have the energy to get to a goat before it's too dark.

James, I look forward to your hunt. You're going to have a blast. I can't wait to get out with you a few times!

HCH88

FNG
crossfit is a great way to be in the best shape possible for hunting! my father is a instructor and its amazing how much of a difference it made in our hunting. he is almost 50 and im 24 and in great shape and i no longer have to worry about him keeping up hahaha... but seriously, if you are a competitive person and want to get in amazing shape join a crossfit gym.