Canyon cooler 125

OP
O

ocsnm

FNG
You're right... poor question. Anybody ever measured the the amount of boneless meat that comes off of a particular animal in quarts?

Ronin75

Lil-Rokslider
I once filled a 135 canyon with a bone out cow elk if that helps. Enough space for ice used to keep the meat cool for the return trip home

3sdad

FNG
I boned out a forked horn mule deer a few years ago. Not big at all and I fit all the meat in 5 ziplock gallon freezer bags. This was trimmed and ready for the grinder. My buddy did the same with a similar sized deer. On the other side of the spectrum, I had a bull elk cut, wrapped, and froze just able to fit in one of those large blue coleman coolers. I forget which size, but it stayed rock solid for the 10 hours home

AZ Ron

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure about fresh boned out meat, but here is a pic of my son's cow elk when we picked it up from the processor in a Canyon Cooler 125qt. Pretty much filled it up. We had dropped off only boneless meat and 4 quarters.
125CC_Elk Meat.jpg

OP
O

ocsnm

FNG
Not sure about fresh boned out meat, but here is a pic of my son's cow elk when we picked it up from the processor in a Canyon Cooler 125qt. Pretty much filled it up. We had dropped off only boneless meat and 4 quarters.
View attachment 98654
How much did they charge for the processing? Were you guys happy with it?

AZ Ron

Lil-Rokslider
I believe they charge $0.99 per pound. Extra for any sausage.

I've been very pleased with Casey's over the years. I usually process my own deer, but we've used them for elk for many years now. I am pretty particular regarding meat cleanliness and always make sure to drop off as clean and hair free meat as possible.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk