Car Jumper Battery Pack, cheap insurance

WKR
My 2015 Tundra was on its original battery and I typically just swap them out at 5 years. Wife bought me a car jumper battery pack and stuck it in my center console. Its been forever since I had a dead battery. Sure enough during bear season, truck was deader than a hammer back on a trail. Couldn't believe it.

Opened up console, attached jumper, let it sit for a second, hit the ignition and fired right up. Pretty easy. Had to jump it 3 more times before I headed out to the nearest town with an auto store and replaced the battery. Charger I think is rated for 30 jumps before needing a new charge.

Long story short, its a pretty cheap piece of insurance if you are traveling into the back country.

stonewall

WKR
few years ago, my truck battery died at a DQ in new mexico (headed home from Colorado) - I'm just glad it happened in Clovis and not at the trail head.

92xj

WKR
This is the one I just bought. With my diesel I needed a little more power than the average priced ones. I will also use it on the travel trailer if the batteries ever get low and I don't want to fire up the generator. I'm looking forward to having the insurance in the truck.

Rob5589

WKR
I have a Noco. Too cheap and too easy to carry to not have one in your vehicle.

I have used one more times than I care to admit. I had an incident bird hunting several years ago, waaaaay out in the middle of nowhere with my pregnant wife - she went back to the rig, and fell asleep with the radio on........ saved our bacon that day for sure! It has usb attachments to charge a phone or whatver as well. One of the best Xmas gifts I've ever gotten.

JRMiller

WKR
Though larger and heavier 12v AGM batteries work slightly better and definitely longer and usually can be found for less than $100.

2rsquared

Lil-Rokslider
I had bought the old yellow jump boxes from Harbor Freight about 5 years ago for all of our vehicles. Only used maybe twice during that time but well worth the added peace of mind and convenience (and safety) of not having to ask for a jump.

They do not hold a charge anymore. Wondering if I should replace the little 12v 17aH lead acid sealed batteries inside them or go with the new technology Lithium ion battery packs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk