Car rental bozeman

Pgohil

WKR
I'm trying to plan a scouting trip 2 somewhere around HD 340 in Montana late july. I'll be flying into Bozeman. Will a regular economy car suffice for most trailheads and roads? Or will I have to spring a for the SUV? Looks like it will be roughly eight 200 to $250 difference between the two.

Appreciate it
PGohil
WV

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

You see just as many Subaru Outbacks as pick up trucks at trailheads in summer. You need the 4x4 for clearance on certain roads and when mud and snow are factors. Most AWD like a Rav 4, CRV, or Outback will be fine in summer time.
Ressler Toyota in Bozeman rents Tacoma and Toyota trucks, but I don't know the cost. Reserve early because July is the heart of tourist season for Yellowstone.

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
That's a good point about Taurus season. Do you think if I move my trip up a week or so into early August it would help?

I was there 2 years ago in May doing the tourist thing and backpacking in Teton and yellow stone. Was happy to have gone SUV on some of the roads I went on. Plus more room for gear.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Every time I’ve rented a car from Bozeman airport I’ve been able to upgrade for very little. I’ll book an economy with Avis, don’t go through any secondary service, go directly through Avis. When I get there, I ask if I can get a 4wd SUV. Every time they have given me one for an extra 5-10$ a day! I swear they make it up, they take a second and then just shoot out a number. I’m sure one day this will bite me in the ass, but it’s worked 4-5 times so far.

And they keep increasing the number of rental vehicles at the airport. They just completed a huge parking garage mostly dedicated to vehicle rentals. There are also a few more small independent places too popping up around Belgrade etch.

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
I called ressler Toyota and they said they only booked within 3 months out. and depending on what all was going on the time at 2, would run about $90 per day..

My flight will cost less than my rental car which will sit the majority of the time...

I was there with the family towards the end of this past July. We rented an Outback in Bozeman at the airport and went all over Yellowstone and the Tetons without any problems at all. Went up/down most of the roads in the parks there were open. Crowds were pretty big in the more popular areas. Traffic was not that bad though unless someone stopped in the middle of the road to watch wildlife. We dropped the car in Jackson and flew home from there.

403AL

FNG
Really depends on where you go. I’m with Dcrafton - its a rental drive it like one Or walk a little farther.

WCB

WKR
I personally would try to get an outback or something similar. most trailheads/roads are decent in MT. Unless you are crossing BLM on ranch style roads. If it rains you aren't getting down most of them anyways.

I got a SCION, one of the ones that look like a toaster, as a rental in Bozeman while there for work. Made it into every trail head and fishing spot I wanted to go. The looks I got at that time were hilarious.

smith406

FNG
You could try Explore Rentals as well. They do packages with gear if you need it. Probably pricey though.

The airport ones will be more expensive. I have been picked up at the airport by other local branches because the price was much better.

Dollar car rental has always treated me well in Montana and they have good coupon codes that can be found with a quick google search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
The airport ones will be more expensive. I have been picked up at the airport by other local branches because the price was much better.

Dollar car rental has always treated me well in Montana and they have good coupon codes that can be found with a quick google search.

I tried checking online through Nan airport places in Bozeman but didn't find much better results. I haven't heard of dollar car renta, but will check them out.

Thanks

OP
Pgohil

Pgohil

WKR
Nope. No Dollar car rental in Bozeman. Appreciate the tip I'll keep it in the back of my mind for other travels as well.

Nope. No Dollar car rental in Bozeman. Appreciate the tip I'll keep it in the back of my mind for other travels as well.

That’s unfortunate there isn’t one in Bozeman. I have used the one in Missoula a few times. I have rented through the Avis at the Bozeman airport previously and they were okay to deal with.

Bozeman does run out of rentals around 4th of July but you should be fine any other time IMO