Car washes

TSAMP

WKR
So a guy I know just got back from a hunt out west. Truck was caked in Clay dirt. Packed in the underside mostly and in wheel wells. Went to public car wash and spent roughly 45 min cleaning it All out. Chunks the size of softballs dropping out. Said guy has been known to pressure wash euro mounts as well from time to time also.

Is he an A hole? He made some attempts to wash the muck away or at least toward the center so it was still usable for others but didn't want to send it all down the drain either.

This was not me. Definitely not me. Thoughts?

the car wash was the best place to do it. most have clean out sumps so it is not going into waterways. that is what they pay for. shit during duck season i do this about every other week. out here in the sac valley we have this gray clay mud that stick to everything. I would love to weigh my truck before and after I am there.

nrh6.7

WKR
If it was me I'd probably pull up and try to get most of the big stuff towards the drain. If every other bay is also trashed...I'm outta there.

dudes a total d-bag imo. Thats going to mess up the clarifier big time. I don't care if he spent $2000 in quarters and swept the concrete when he was done.Most of those coin ops have signs up about big rigs, truck bed cleaning, etc.
Unless you're in a county where the water goes directly into the municipal sewer (very unlikely these days) , all that shits going to run through that car washes filter system before discharge.

ODB

WKR
I once had a guy put his GSP in the back of my truck on the way to a hunting spot. Said GSP shit all over my bed. Said shit proceeded to harden like cement over the course of the day. Said shit had to be pressure-washed off. Said guy never offered to help clean his dogs shit of my truck. Said guy never got asked to go hunting again. Said Hunter is an asshole.

that said...knock off the big shit before you use a car wash....

Using ops "buddy's " logic. Its okay to leave a massive shit in the shower at a hotel, and wipe your ass on the pillows. You paid to use the room and it's going to get cleaned anyways, right? Someone can simply rinse the shower and throw the pillows in the washer. No big deal.

OP
TSAMP

TSAMP

WKR
Lol. I mean thats a little dramatic but i asked for it. I think my take away is to clean the big stuff prior. And also cleaning euros is totally cool. Thanks fellas.

Ok, you got me on that one. If I checked into a hotel and there was a sign asking guests to not wipe their asses with the pillows, I'd go sleep in the truck.
The coin washes here have a bay labelled for that....bigger sump.

I've never seen a motel room labelled wipe on the pillow cases.

KurtR

WKR
If you guys ever come to Mobridge feel free to use our car wash. Mud is just another day. There are pits in there that are cleaned out every month so it’s not a big deal. My kid worked there all summer so I got the inside scoop of car washes

NMframed

Lil-Rokslider
Around here it’s a regular thing to wash a truck caked in mud at the car wash. You should see the oil field trucks around here in the winter, including mine. But like above said, they have a pit to catch the mud and use a backhoe to clean the pit when it fills up.

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
if there’s a sign saying no muddy vehicles, your buddy is wrong. If there’s no sign then the owner considers mud part of doing business. Shoveling out the pit isn’t fun though.

Carpenterant

Lil-Rokslider
Last time I did that the attendant put up cones behind my truck. Not sure what they did after I left but there was mud on the walls. Obviously I don’t think your buddy did anything wrong

Attachments

• 16BE312E-D9E7-4D82-AC52-E5CC1C90341A.jpeg
    16BE312E-D9E7-4D82-AC52-E5CC1C90341A.jpeg
    649.5 KB · Views: 155
A buddy of mine worked at a service master. He said they dumped their nasty ass water at the car wash because the drains are tied into sanitary sewer. I feel no trouble blasting mud off. I did feel a little sketchy power washing a deer skull once upon a time though...

Rich M

WKR
I used a garden hose and spray nose to clean off the u deride of my truck last weekend. Wasn't too bad.

Went to car wash later and did top side a vacuu.med inside...

I once had a guy put his GSP in the back of my truck on the way to a hunting spot. Said GSP shit all over my bed. Said shit proceeded to harden like cement over the course of the day. Said shit had to be pressure-washed off. Said guy never offered to help clean his dogs shit of my truck. Said guy never got asked to go hunting again. Said Hunter is an asshole.

that said...knock off the big shit before you use a car wash....

Sorry ODB, but what is a GSP ?