Carb cycling

Teaman1

WKR
Anybody here try carb cycling? I’m 10 pounds from my goal weight and hoping to use carb cycling to maintain that weight. I just don’t know anyone that does it

Clifford

FNG
I used keto to drop a good chunk of weight and now eat a more low carb diet regularly. I dip back into keto if I think I’ve puffed up too much. When in lower carb or keto mode if I want to carb cycle I just increase carbs on heavy workout days to get more performance. Even a small dose of carbs just before working out can help. Keto is great for dropping weight but rough for performance IMO. Really has taught me to use carbs as a performance enhancer when needed though.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
I don't routinely cycle, but intermittently cheat, preceded and followed by intermittent fasting. Excess carb intake isn't good but insulin response is what's key. I pretty much stay in the guidelines of the keto diet, but I often do 24 hour fasts, which is having just one meal a day....a big fatty meal that is, and from time to time I do a 40 to 42 hour fast which is just picking a day to not eat. Keeping insulin responses to a low that way gets you deep into some fat burning especially if you are keto going in and coming out of it. An example of a 40+ hour fast is; Eat dinner at 6pm, wake up and not eat that whole day, go to bed, wake up and try to push eating out to 11 or 12. For perspective, I'm pretty lean and stay extremely active. Once fat adapted, it's easy to fast and stay active at the same time, and when I'm not fasting I'll eat 3 to 4 meals a day, watching my carbs.