Carbon barrels

I have 2 rifles built using the #4 contour CF wrapped barrels from Bartlein. Both are 7MM-08's and both shoot extremely well. The Bart's are maybe not as "pretty" as the Proof barrels as far as the carbon wrap but I've always had great luck with Bartlein so was glad to see them doing CF now. As far as the contour I'd say the #4 is sort of like a Proof Sendero Lite - here is a picture showing it in a Proof stock which is inlet to fit their Sendero/Sendero Lite barrels. As you can see its a little generous on the inlet but I can live with it especially with the way the Barts shoot. Thanks also go to the smith that built these he did an outstanding job (y)

Weight of barrel after chambering/crown done - was supposed to finish @ 24" but had a bit cut off shank end so just under 23" finished.

mullmann

Lil-Rokslider
I built a 300 Norma with a carbonsix sendero contour and love it. I looked at the bartleins, but at the time the turn around was around a year. I ordered another carbonsix for my next rifle and was quoted a 5 month turn around. Gene from carbonsix is very helpful and always answers the phone.

OP
W

westcoasthunter

Lil-Rokslider
No the 30 nosler, I have a 27” 30 Sherman and 1 24” 30 Sherman but I sold it to my friend. And same with 2 other 300 prc..

No the 30 nosler, I have a 27” 30 Sherman and 1 24” 30 Sherman but I sold it to my friend. And same with 2 other 300 prc..
i got ya. Sent you a pm. Anyways, the sendero vs sendero lite benchmark is 3.2oz difference. Now I have to decide if I’m going to exchange my senderos for the lites. I know it’s not much but does add up. I’m really struggling on what to do. I want to save the weight but it’s kinda pain too and wonder if there is any accuracy to be gained with the little more rigidity. Probably not… they are both pretty thick. I may exchange them.

Last edited: