Carbon Element vs Invasion CPX

rhendrix

WKR
I've been itching to shoot an Invasion or Insanity for a couple of months now, wanted to get some opinions before I shoot one tomorrow and try to trade my CE for one.

Has BT fixed the derailing issues?
Are they still having problems with limbs delaminating?
How easy are they to tune?
What's the draw cycle compare to the Fuel cams from Hoyt?
What's the back wall feel like on an invasion or insanity?

I basically want an insanity or invasion so that I can turn down my poundage some (currently set at 73# on the CE) and still hit 290 FPS with a 420 grain arrow. I have no problem pulling the CE back, but holding it for any length of time at full draw becomes a bear, and if I can shoot a bow that's more efficient and shoots flatter, then I will.

Thanks!

jmez

WKR
1. Yes, won't be a problem with an Insanity

2. Limbs didn't delaminate, the outer finish peeled off of them. This year's are better and the finish much more durable. They have black limbs and directly underneath the black the composite material is white. Any little chip or ding in the limb shows up like a sore thumb because of the color contrast. With normal use you are going to have little white pock marks on the limbs but the finish won't peel off. If aesthetics are real important it will likely bother you. They do warranty the limbs for finish issues.

3. Simple. The entire process takes about 10 minutes if you have a bow press. Set the rest dead center and arrow level through the berger hole. Shoot a bare shaft through paper. Correct the tear by twisting/untwisting the yokes. Should take about three shots.

4. I think the draw on the Fuel cams is very similar to the Insanity, so is the valley. I didn't like the feel of either of them. Stiff draw, dumps hard into a short valley. You should try the CPXL if you are looking for something a little less rough. Longer ATA but completely different feel than a regular Insanity, will come at the cost of some speed.

5. Draw stops on the cables are the same as Hoyt so the wall is going to feel the same.

PSE Evo would be another to check out and shoot for what you are looking to do.

OR Archer

WKR
Ill take a Hoyt over a BowTech every day of the week and 3 times on Sunday. In my opinion the Hoyts are much easier to tune and keep in tune. NO limb issues at all with Hoyts. NO issues with derailing cams. Smooth draw cycles and good real world speeds. Just hard to top Hoyts. You can beat the piss out of them and they'll ask for more.

With that said I would advise you to take a look at the Spyder 30. In my opinion its a better bow than the CE. The newer RKT cams are a breeze to tune and shoot. I would bet that you would be able to easily make your intended speed at 70# if you are a 29" draw with that arrow weight.

Jager

WKR
I love Hoyts, and have a Vector 32, which is a superb bow, remember Hoyt really has the runs on the board.

Having said that, a mate has an Invasion, and yeah the limb finish chips a bit too easily, but it really has a great feel in hand and shoots great.

OP
R

rhendrix

WKR
Shot the Insanity yesterday. It was indeed fast, and the draw cycle wasn't terrible at all, not a lot of hand shock, and that was with nothing but a whisker biscuit on it. Overall it felt just as nice as the CE to shoot. Once I put it on the chrono and compared it to my CE it shot a couple of fps faster, but it was set up about an inch and half shorter than my CE. Playing with the numbers the Insanity should shoot at almost 300 fps with my current arrow and the invasion should be at 288. I'm not sure if I can convince myself that 20-30 fps is enough to make me wanna trade my bow. Probably gonna go to another pro shop and see if I can find an invasion or insanity that's set up identical to my bow before I make a decision, right now I'm leaning towards keeping the CE though.