Carbon Express Maxima Red SD 250 vs. Red SD 400

Hello,

I've been shooting Maxima Red SDs for 4+ years now and love them. I've been replacing them a half dozen at a time over the past several years, and at some point (it may have been last year) I couldn't find the Red SD 250s, and thought they just changed the name to the Red SD 400 (spine size). However, someone just recently told me that Carbon Express changed something (maybe weight?) and that these 400s are not the same as the previous 250s. I have not taken the time to do an exhaustive side-by-side test to see if they shoot the same, but does anyone happen to know if these are in fact the same arrow?

Thanks,
-Keith

Carbon Express formerly used a bass-ackwards numbering convention in which larger numbered shafts had stiffer spines and smaller numbered shafts had weaker spines. Sometime in the past few years, they apparently saw the light and began transitioning to the same numbering philosophy everyone else uses (and that actually makes sense). In their new numbering scheme, the shaft number is (approximately) equal to the static spine measurement (i.e., how many thousandths of an inch the shaft bends when a test weight is hung from the middle). Below is a chart from their website showing old and new numbering for Maxima Red SD's.
products-9-22maxima-red-sd-800x652.jpg

OP
K
Thank you everyone! So my older Red SD 250s have a .400 spine size, and the newer Red SD 400s are essentially the same arrow with the .400 spine.