Carbon Fiber Stock

SCHUNTER73

Lil-Rokslider
In the process of building a new rig, and am probably going to use a Bartlein 2b contour. I'm new to looking at these stocks and having a difficult time determining which stocks look "right" with this contour. I understand that I need to choose the appropriate inlet, but just not sure which ones may have too bulky a fore end, etc.

Any suggestions? I like the looks of the Mesa Precision and a few of the McMillan stocks as well.

I am mainly hunting from a stand with a shooting rail, but I do often hunt from the ground as well. My other primary rifles are an old Ruger M77 and a Savage Model 11. That is the stock profile I am used to, but open to something different.

A 2b will look tiny in the Mesa stock, I’d lean towards a McMillan hunter, hunters edge, gamescout, or a Remington Sporter/classic. Manners SL would fit the barrel well also. The grayboe outlander lightweight might be worth looking at too.

Last edited:

micus

Lil-Rokslider
I went with an MPI microlite carbon fiber and am quite happy with it. Have hunted it 3 seasons now and is holding up great.

OP
SCHUNTER73

SCHUNTER73

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Oregon. I am working with a stiller long action. I really like some of the manners and McMillan stocks, just not the wait time on them. Was looking for something a little quicker. May just settle in and wait, since I have the time.