Carbon Fiber Tubing help (2" diameter)

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
Thanks. I was hoping someone could recommend a type. There are a lot of types of carbon fiber tubing available. I need one that is rigid enough to support a 6' antenna in a high wind.

Brendan

WKR
Might try a place like this. Probably more legit serving a high-end sailing industry than random ebay quality. You'll probably pay for it though. Not sure about size conversion though.

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Of you aren't in a hurry, order from Alibaba or AliExpress. If something is gonna come from China, might as well cut out the middle man.
If cost isn't an issue, check out rockwestcomposites.com all kinds of kits but pricey

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
Contact Offshore Spars, they know their stuff. Get them to point you in right direction. You may want to join two lengths w bridge internal piece. OR be prepared for freight bill on 8' tube. Also clear coat will need maintained /redone for u.v. Strength will require enough wall thickness.

• Banned
OP
Newtosavage
Contact Offshore Spars, they know their stuff. Get them to point you in right direction. You may want to join two lengths w bridge internal piece. OR be prepared for freight bill on 8' tube. Also clear coat will need maintained /redone for u.v. Strength will require enough wall thickness.
Thank you.

tdot

WKR
Check out Dragonplate.com or Rockwest Composites. I've used them both in the past for different projects. They're great to work with. They'll have the knowledge on the specific type of carbon and how to utilize it within your application.

Be interested to hear more about the project and why you are choosing carbon.

OP
Newtosavage
Check out Dragonplate.com or Rockwest Composites. I've used them both in the past for different projects. They're great to work with. They'll have the knowledge on the specific type of carbon and how to utilize it within your application.

Be interested to hear more about the project and why you are choosing carbon.
Thank you. It's a radio antenna mast and I'm having trouble with interference. Using steel conduit now but want to try carbon to possibly reduce interference.

tdot

WKR
Thank you. It's a radio antenna mast and I'm having trouble with interference. Using steel conduit now but want to try carbon to possibly reduce interference.

Ah, cool. You may also look at G10 tubing as well. It is a compressed fiberglass. They use it for PCB boards, it is non-conductive, it's also incredibly stiff. I've used it for everything from surfboard fins to compression plates and even electronic mounting plates on sail boats.

McMaster Carr has it (not sure if it'll be in the size your after), also those previous two suppliers I mentioned, I believe carry it too.

OP
Newtosavage
Ah, cool. You may also look at G10 tubing as well. It is a compressed fiberglass. They use it for PCB boards, it is non-conductive, it's also incredibly stiff. I've used it for everything from surfboard fins to compression plates and even electronic mounting plates on sail boats.

McMaster Carr has it (not sure if it'll be in the size your after), also those previous two suppliers I mentioned, I believe carry it too.
awesome. Thank you so much!