Carbon Pole for larger tents option... 43 bucks!

Idaboy

WKR
Hey all
Doing research for my new larger tent..... There are a few carbon pole options..... I started to research and much of these, while good quality, run $100-150 per pole (and I needed 2).

This is telescopes up to 96" (collapse down to 38").....it is nice and stout, appears to be about an inch diameter for base section. It is a 3 piece pole.... The plastic snaps seem sturdy, but obviously an aluminum one would be less likely to break..... 14oz and costs $43...which is a steal compared to other companies. Would be a good option for you who pack a large tarp or teepee to cut down on weight

"vico marine 96" carbon fiber support pole"

(I have no association with this company..... Don't know forum rules but you can find them on eBay and Amazon)

Hope you can find helpful..... Will post update after use but won't be until end of the summer

OP
Idaboy

Idaboy

WKR
Update
Used these poles on backcountry hunt...super light, held up well, adjustable to the ranges we needed on uneven ground, will be using longterm

OP
Idaboy

Idaboy

WKR
Unfortunately one broke last year under weight of snow...I would NOT recommend for winter, snow hunt....otherwise has worked OK for Sept elk