Carbon Six Barrels

ID_Matt

WKR
Any body have much experience with these? Specifically pre fit.... Not a ton of info online about them. I am tossing around the idea of going the pre-fit route on a Tikka action I currently have. Converting a 308 win to a short barrel 6.5 PRC or similar.

raz175

FNG
I did a Tikka prefit in 280 AI. 24", magnum contour. Chamber machining was very good. Headspace was perfect. Smooth lands and grooves. Minor problem was the muzzle end was supposed to be .900 and ended up at .880. Had to turn the brake down to match. Accuracy is good. The picture show a couple of loads that have been very consistent in this barrel.

12733320190610_084140_resized.jpg

Low_Sky

Lil-Rokslider
Minor problem was the muzzle end was supposed to be .900 and ended up at .880.

I have a Tikka prefit barrel on order now. Did they offer any explanation for the muzzle OD fubar? 0.020" is a pretty big boo-boo for a machined surface. I have my guesses as to how that might have happened, but don't want to speculate.

tdhanses

WKR
Details please! I might get antsy before December...

You won’t get a CarbonSix by then, last one I ordered took 4 months. They have become really popular due to the chambering and prefit service which saves around $350 over other carbon options. The quality is right there with proof.

Details please! I might get antsy before December...

Imagine something along the lines of a tikka build package, including new billet bottom metal and billet 3.4" OAL Capable Magazine along with a 3 port titanium brake, carbon prefit barrel in either 6.5PRC, 6.5 SAUM, 7 SAUM, or 300 WSM... I just bought a very expensive cnc and will be getting it tooled up next month.

Mike

Imagine something along the lines of a tikka build package, including new billet bottom metal and billet 3.4" OAL Capable Magazine along with a 3 port titanium brake, carbon prefit barrel in either 6.5PRC, 6.5 SAUM, 7 SAUM, or 300 WSM... I just bought a very expensive cnc and will be getting it tooled up next month.

Mike

Who would want such a thing.. 😁

amassi

WKR
Just ordered my 2nd with their 10% off coupon
The first was a tikka prefit 1:7 22-250, barrel shoots great
Couldn't be happier with it for the price and ease of ordering etc. I'm about 1500 rounds in and still shoots great. The barrel was "broke in" around 30 rounds, not of shoot clean but just shooting. Around 30 rounds velocity leveled off and has been consistent for the last 1470+/- rounds. Its capable of better than 1/2 moa 10 Round beaten zones if I do my part

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

raz175

FNG
I have a Tikka prefit barrel on order now. Did they offer any explanation for the muzzle OD fubar? 0.020" is a pretty big boo-boo for a machined surface. I have my guesses as to how that might have happened, but don't want to speculate.
I didn't ask about it. I just turned the brake to match and carried on. The rest of the barrel was good, so I didn't want to send it back just for that.

Fitzwho

WKR
I built my 300 Win Mag with a C6. Full Bull contour and the rifle weighs 9lbs with a Leupold VX-6 3-18x50 scope. I had them provide the gunsmithing, which they do not provide anymore. But couldn't be happier with it.

Shoots far better than I can myself. Neatest part so far has been the minimal amount of impact shift when I put on the suppressor... Like zero.

If somebody would buy my custom 6.5 Creedmoor built with a Christensen Arms carbon barrel, I would just turn around and build another one with a Carbon 6 barrel and slightly different specs.

OneRingTrTa

Lil-Rokslider
I have one on order. Proof wouldn’t make me a 45 pistol barrel so I could do a 450 Bushmaster build for Ohio deer hunting. CarbonSix was very acommodating.

They use McGowen blanks, so I’d expect them to shoot just like a McGowen. I’m not expecting 1/4 MOA, as it’s a gun for under 200 yd shots and I don’t know how inherently accurate a 450 BM is to begin with. If it shoots under 1 MOA I’ll be pleased. I think they guarantee 1/2 MOA, though.

So while I can’t really help, they were accommodating and great to talk to and seemed eager to help me out. Can’t say the same with Proof and I wanted to use them because I have two other barrels of theirs.

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had a few hiccups with carbonsix but nothing terrible. My .204 barrel and .243 shoot great and look just like proof. 8CE7DFE4-20ED-4A72-871A-03CA4B9B96E2.jpeg

tdhanses

WKR
I built my 300 Win Mag with a C6. Full Bull contour and the rifle weighs 9lbs with a Leupold VX-6 3-18x50 scope. I had them provide the gunsmithing, which they do not provide anymore. But couldn't be happier with it.

Shoots far better than I can myself. Neatest part so far has been the minimal amount of impact shift when I put on the suppressor... Like zero.

If somebody would buy my custom 6.5 Creedmoor built with a Christensen Arms carbon barrel, I would just turn around and build another one with a Carbon 6 barrel and slightly different specs.

I pick up my C6 Howa 6.5 Creed on Thursday from my gunsmith. Excited to test it out, he said quality of machining and construction looks to be right on with proof.

cgasner1

WKR
Would a ruger precision thread onto a ruger mark 2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgasner1

WKR
No it’s a 7 mag now was thinking about swapping barrels but probably just buy a new gun

cgasner1

WKR
I was looking at the carbon 6 website and that’s the only ruger option they show