Carbon Six turn around time

I ordered a Tikka prefit Carbon Six barrel chambered in a 280 Ackley Improved and a Savage prefit chambered in a 243 Ackley Improved on January 29th. I was told when I ordered that they had the best turnaround time. I emailed them in May just to see if they had an idea when it might be shipped and they told me that I could expect it in the middle to end of June. It’s July 13th and I have not seen my barrel or heard from them. I’m not upset because I understand that covid really messed stuff up and a lot of companies are playing catch up. Im really hoping I can get it in time to work up a load before September. Im curious what the turnaround time has been for other customers and how the load work up process went? Hopefully it will come soon. I’m new to using forums so I apologize if this has already been discussed. Thanks

I ordered in January. No barrel yet. They had an issue with their carbon supplier that gummed things up. Or at least that’s what they say. They should have carbon now and are back to spinning barrels.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Bought mine a little over a year ago. Told 4 months and if I recall it took just shy of 5.

there was another thread on this recently and people are reporting similar delays and frustrations with lack of response.

Hopefully they have the line fixed and good luck.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
They had an issue getting Carbon so there was a delay. They told me they are caught up with carbon now and trying to catch up on the orders. Sounds like some growing pains.

sram9102

WKR
I have been keeping in fairly consistent contact over the past month. I ordered a blank on 2/5 and was quoted June initially. Then told early July, and now they are saying the end of July. Not thrilled about the wait but if they can't get the material that isn't their fault. Hoping I can get it to the smith for chambering and fitting in time for load development before the fall.

OP
IdahoRunsInMyBlood
I have been keeping in fairly consistent contact over the past month. I ordered a blank on 2/5 and was quoted June initially. Then told early July, and now they are saying the end of July. Not thrilled about the wait but if they can't get the material that isn't their fault. Hoping I can get it to the smith for chambering and fitting in time for load development before the fall.
I’m hoping for the same thing. I was hoping to work up a load, I did buy some factory ammo just in case I need to use it. We’ll see, fingers crossed.

rootacres

WKR
Not a carbon six barrel but I ordered on Dec 30th and just received mine. I originally ordered a Bartlein CF and after waiting nearly triple the amount of time I was told I emailed the company I ordered through. They said Bartlein was super backed up with their CF barrels and had no clue when they'd get some. I lucked out and they had 1 Proof sitting on the shelf to my specs. I ended up getting that one.

eddiewiggles

FNG
Classified Approved
I ordered from them last year and it took about 7 months I believe. I was super antsy and emailed them every couple months asking for an update. It was probably annoying, but they were always pretty quick to respond. As for the load work up, mine didn’t need any break in for accuracy. It has shot everything I’ve put through it sub moa. I reload for it and it’s stupid easy too. I doubt I have 100 rounds down it yet and it’s by far my favorite rifle. I definitely plan to build another an would definitely recommend them. The wait time sucks, but I think you’ll have plenty of time to get it going for this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I ordered one back in November and forgot about it. It arrived in February, nice surprise lol. Now it’s just in a pile of gun parts for future builds!

snowtoy83

Lil-Rokslider
I just got an email back from them. I ordered mine mid March and they expect it to ship in September. Probably not going to get my gun put together before my first hunt

sram9102

WKR
They are getting caught up slowly. I was told they are shipping out mid January orders currently and they are hoping to get early February orders going out the door towards the end of next week.

Tmarsh38

FNG
I also ordered back in January. Emailed in February to ask about the lead time. Was told 3.5 months. Didn’t hear anything back so at the end of May I asked for an update. They mentioned the carbon fiber problem and said mid June. End of June I sent another email asking for an update. Response was another story about the carbon fiber vendor, should ship first full week of July. Then I sent my last email on July 30 to see what the new lead time was. Got another email saying my barrel was on the chambering rack and would be done “soon.” I asked what soon meant but haven’t heard back yet.

I really wouldn’t mind the long wait if there had been better communication. If I’m quoted a certain timeline and it’s not going to be done by then, I should be told rather than asking after the due date.

The other part that somewhat frustrated me was seeing forum posts from them about sales on new orders. If you are already way behind the priority should be on the existing builds rather than getting even further behind.

Sadler

WKR
I ordered one late last year and got it April. I think it was about a six month wait. But just a heads up, they’re having they’re annual 15% off sale right now in case anyone is interested