Carbon Steel Wok-mosty for car camping.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looking for suggestions for a carbon steel wok. I typically carry a cast iron griddle but would like to have pan/wok also or in place of the griddle.

Anyone that uses a wok for car camping? Which one do you use and would you recommend it?

Take a look at carbon steel pans. I picked one up and fell in love with the thing. Not cheap but it's indestructible. 12" Matfer Bourgeat. Don't pay the 77 bucks on Amazon. I'm pretty sure I found mine for 50. Again not cheap but it's pretty great.

I picked up my last carbon steel wok at Walmart believe it or not. The lady checking me out said not to get it because it will rust the first time you wash it. I just kept my mouth shut until I left. I don’t remember it having any markings but it has been awesome. I’ll check it and post back if it has a brand.

ODB

WKR
Take a look at carbon steel pans. I picked one up and fell in love with the thing. Not cheap but it's indestructible. 12" Matfer Bourgeat. Don't pay the 77 bucks on Amazon. I'm pretty sure I found mine for 50. Again not cheap but it's pretty great.

Why have I never seen these pans before??? sweet

Whisky

WKR
I have the 15" Lodge Carbon Steel I use for hunt camps and occasional cooks around home when I need the bigger pan. I used the 15" lodge cast iron for many years prior, until it cracked on a hunt a couple years ago.. I much prefer the carbon steel.
Faster warm up
Faster cool down
Seasoned much easier
Easier to clean
Lighter