Caribou Cape

OXN939

WKR
Got a weird one for all of you guys out there crushing it this year. Shot a pretty decent bull two years ago on a drop hunt, and unfortunately, the cape didn't make it out in good enough condition to be useful. Paid a taxidermist in Fairbanks for one to use for the shoulder mount, but the one he sent me was in really pitiful condition. So. In hopes of resurrecting a decent shoulder mount project, do any of you guys have an extra bull Caribou cape you'd be willing to sell or trade? Got cash via Paypal or all svariety of trade bait. Would be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

CC6EE826-C12F-4BBB-971A-AF43573D7811_1_201_a.jpeg

stvnshnn

Lil-Rokslider
Do you care if it's fall vs winter cape? I might run up one time this winter.

OP
OXN939

OXN939

WKR
Do you care if it's fall vs winter cape? I might run up one time this winter.

Not at all! If you happen to get a bull in good condition, I'd love to compensate you for the cape. Got Venmo, PayPal, or lots of trade bait standing by. Just shoot me a PM!

johnnycake

Lil-Rokslider
Not at all! If you happen to get a bull in good condition, I'd love to compensate you for the cape. Got Venmo, PayPal, or lots of trade bait standing by. Just shoot me a PM!
Just pointing it out in case you aren't aware, but a winter cape will look nothing like your summer bull. They get very white and longhaired (and are quite stunning).

OP
OXN939

OXN939

WKR
Just pointing it out in case you aren't aware, but a winter cape will look nothing like your summer bull. They get very white and longhaired (and are quite stunning).

Yeah totally tracking! I know it'd be a bit of an amalgamation to have an animal in velvet like that with a bright white mane going on, but A) it'd be cool in an abstract kind of way and B) I'd really just like to get this thing mounted before I hit retirement age haha

mweller

FNG
Hey Guys! My son is also looking for a cape after a Griz decided it needed some breakfast last fall. I'll have him call Fairbanks but if somebody is interested in selling a cape send me a PM...thanks a lot!

bowuntr

WKR
SOLD. I have a wet tanned cape off a September bull I shot a few years ago... ready to mount. $150 plus shipping from Arizona. Ed FScreenshot_20201012-085448_Facebook.jpg

Last edited: