Caribou Gear Game Bags

I plan on giving them a shot this year. I also have some Meat Baggies en route with my pack. I am going to get some Carnivore bags and maybe a Full Quarter bag in case time is an issue or the kill is close to the truck. I have some older used synthetic ones to get me by but I love the idea of the Camp Meat bag because I am usually like, "WTF are the tenders?"

I forgot to mention that they mention keeping the sex a part of the animal and this can be done here, easily.

Last edited:
I have the caribou carnivore game bags on the way in the mail as we speak. I'll be using them this year as I'll debone my elk because I'm going solo.

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I've used them a bunch and they are worth the money for sure.

The Carnivore is the model I use for backpack hunts, but they all work well.

R

rebecca francis

We've used them every year since we got them. They wash up great, and are very lightweight.

I've used them for several years now, and they are the best bag out there. They wash up better than any other bag, so you can get several years of use out of them. They are spendy, but well worth it if you enjoy eating what you harvest!

How many of the carnivore bags do you need for an elk hunt?

The Carnivore Pack is a bit small for an elk hunt. I would suggest building your own set with 2 medium quarter bags and 3 small quarter bags. Now you may have to bone an elk out rather than just quartering it to get the whole thing out. That would still be a compact set of bags for a back country hunt.

JG358

WKR
You could always buy the regular set and pack the bags you'll need based on the hunt.

cmeier117

WKR
The Carnivore Pack is a bit small for an elk hunt. I would suggest building your own set with 2 medium quarter bags and 3 small quarter bags. Now you may have to bone an elk out rather than just quartering it to get the whole thing out. That would still be a compact set of bags for a back country hunt.

Ya I was looking at that. This would be for boned out meat only. The quarter bags for deer look to be a good size, I may get a few of those and a few mediums just in case.

slim9300

WKR
How many of the carnivore bags do you need for an elk hunt?

I could fit an entire boned out bull elk in 3 of the 4 Carnivore bags. Since my partner and I take out our elk in one trip, we like to balance the meat into all 4 bags. We did it twice last year with the Carnivore pack and it worked perfectly.

The Caribou bags are the best I have owned. I like my TAG "quarter" bags, but they still aren't as well designed.

The biggest positives of the Caribou Carnivore pack is that these bags will not allow flies to lay eggs through the material, they will last 3-4 years easily, and 4 bags with the stuff sack weigh in at 14 ounces and take up no space.

Last edited:
Well worth the money. I have two of the big quarter bags (elk sized) and two of the (deer sized). I seem to use the deer sized ones the most and can fit elk quarters in them

ridgefire

WKR
was looking at them myself.. thinking i may pick up the carnivore pack and then buy an additional bag or two if necessary

krummholz

FNG
Another vote for them being great game bags. Used them a couple times last year. Kept the meat nice and clean, no fly problems like we've had with the cheap cotton bags in the past. Easily fit 1/2 a boned out deer in the small size quarter bag.