Caribou gear list

If that is a jab at the gear list I shared, you are absolutely correct. We were way over packed on clothes. But hey, that's how we learn, right? :)

Not a jab, just making a joke about not bringing bug dope or the like for a hunt on the north slope in the fall. That's all my friend.

lamp_ak

FNG
I spent 10 days on the slope hunting caribou and I recommend bringing a few books, bug netting and if you can swing the weight an extra set of rain gear

BillB

FNG
Very comprehensive list, although I tend to bring quite a bit less gear/clothes. One small additional item we always bring is a small tube of antifungal like Lotramin or the likes. Between waders or boots and a soggy / wet environment- and perspiration I find the small weight penalty worth it for benefit of preventing any issues. Always use sock liners and merino socks etc but sometimes you just can't keep the boots / waders dry on the inside

Have a great trip! We'll be up there 9/2-9/12.

Oh and I'm going to take the weight penalty and bring a 6oz bottle of bug dope lol

AKBorn

WKR
Always use sock liners and merino socks etc but sometimes you just can't keep the boots / waders dry on the inside.

We bring 2-3 sections of a newspaper to remote camp; at night when we take our boots off, we place 1 full sheet of newspaper (loosely crumpled) into each boot. In the morning when we take out the newspaper, it is damp, but the inside of our boots are dry. Uncrimple the newspaper and leave it on your sleeping bag to dry during the day, and you can use the same sheet for 2-3 nights.