Carnivore Diet

TimbeHuntin

Lil-Rokslider
Any carnivore dieters on here? The ratio of reported pros/cons by most sources makes it tempting to try! Plus it gives an excuse to catch more fish and shoot more critters for the freezer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
I tried it for 6 weeks with a buddy of mine who was trying to get healthy and drop some weight. I am a pretty fit guy to begin with and I felt better on that diet than I can ever remember in my life. Wasn't a very hard diet to stick to and I rather enjoyed it. I have another friend who started it after he saw what it done for me and has lost 60 pounds in 3 months with zero adverse side effects.

OP
TimbeHuntin

TimbeHuntin

Lil-Rokslider
I tried it for 6 weeks with a buddy of mine who was trying to get healthy and drop some weight. I am a pretty fit guy to begin with and I felt better on that diet than I can ever remember in my life. Wasn't a very hard diet to stick to and I rather enjoyed it. I have another friend who started it after he saw what it done for me and has lost 60 pounds in 3 months with zero adverse side effects.

Thanks, this is what I’ve been hearing over and over

OP
TimbeHuntin

TimbeHuntin

Lil-Rokslider
Any carnivore dieters on here? The ratio of reported pros/cons by most sources makes it tempting to try! Plus it gives an excuse to catch more fish and shoot more critters for the freezer

Additionally, has anyone applied carnivore while on a backcountry hunt?

bcb0021

FNG

How strict were you to this diet? To me this sounds awesome, all you eat is meat all day everyday? No veggies?

BigShane54

Lil-Rokslider
I did it strict for 30 days and felt great and lost 16 lbs. I have since added some carbs back into my diet and have seen my weight loss slow way down and feel more lethargic at times. I think it would be tough to maintain that diet, for me anyways during hunting season since I wont have access to cook eggs and meat in the mornings but it would be doable. I plan on getting back to it after season is over.

bcb0021

FNG
That's awesome, I'm definitely going to look into this. I tried the Keto diet for a little while but had trouble staying true. This sounds like a lot better option

renagde

WKR
I did Keto for about 8 months, but it leaned heavily towards full on carnivore. A lot of days it was strictly meat, or eggs, dairy and meat.

To answer the question about maintaining the diet in the backcountry, I stayed Keto throughout my 2 week hunt and it was fantastic. I packed 19oz of food per day, which was over 3,000 calories. I never got hungry, and never bonked; unlike my hunting partners who were always trying to cram food in to try to avoid running out of fuel. If you went purely carnivore, be prepared to drink more water and supplement with electrolytes. My cocktail of choice was Propel with 2 packs of Gatorade Gatorlytes.

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
How strict were you to this diet? To me this sounds awesome, all you eat is meat all day everyday? No veggies?
I was pretty strict. I did keep drinking black coffee though. I would make bacon the night before and use it for breakfast and snack for the next day. Around day 10 I quit feeling hungry and had to remind myself to eat. Brain function and clarity were noticeably better. The most difficult part is taking in enough fat. I would make sure I ate burger and bacon every 2-3 days.

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
I have thyroid issues so I experience brain fog often so it's hard for me to clearly think and focus for extended periods of time. Anyone who has a hypothyroid will understand that very well.

D.Rose

Lil-Rokslider
Id fix a pound of bacon in the morning and eat half a pound with eggs for breakfast and snack on the other half through the day. Other than that I wouldn't eat again til dinner and that usually consisted of 20-24oz steak or a pound of burger patties with cheese. Also would mix in chicken and fish. Target would be consuming two pounds of meat total per day.

LostArra

WKR
Id fix a pound of bacon in the morning and eat half a pound with eggs for breakfast and snack on the other half through the day. Other than that I wouldn't eat again til dinner and that usually consisted of 20-24oz steak or a pound of burger patties with cheese. Also would mix in chicken and fish. Target would be consuming two pounds of meat total per day.

Were you doing any type of training during this time?

Except for the quantities you list it reminds me of a wrestler's diet in the 60's and 70's during a cut. And before the enlightenment of why we felt terrible at practice all the time.

KurtR

WKR

How often did you get blood work done and what were the results?

Artanis95

Lil-Rokslider
I lost 15 pounds in 30 days, felt pretty good and had more energy and saved some money on TP, only thing I can say negative is the arthritis in my hands seemed to be more irritated for the duration of it.