Carpal Tunnel

I had a great visit with a neurologist who was a diehard hunter himself. After he got done electricuting and poking me, he said I have carpal tunnel in both wrists. Awesome.
I'd been told I had TOS before, however his tests show its definitely carpal.

Anyone else have this? What did you do to treat it? I really want to avoid surgery.

It is kind of cool because now I know why I torque my longbow, lack of thumb/grip strength!

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

weedwacker42

Lil-Rokslider
First try using night splints. Just the cock up splints you can get at WalMart or Walgreeen's or wherever. Just try using them at night. I'd also try some anti-inflammatory so long as you can tolerate them (no heart disease, reflux, ulcers, renal disease). The literature doesn't completely support this, but you could also try some Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine). If you're trying to avoid the surgery, its worth a try. We used to recommend it all the time. The next thing to try, but more invasive, would be a cortisone shot. These can be effective as well. Ultimately, if those fail, the surgery isn't really too bad. The incision line stays sore for up to a couple of months, but the actual surgery is about 10 minutes. It would prevent you from shooting for a month or two, so might wait until after the season for surgery. Shoot me a PM if you have any more questions.