Carry question (non hunting) UPDATED.

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
I've only carried for around 3 years but I've found that longer guns are actually better for aiwb, if it's to short it cuts into you.

I carry a PX4 Compact appendix with a JMCK Wing 2.5 and it's the best experience I've had with a holster. I'd recommend getting the XL holster to give you a little extra length which actually makes it more comfortable.

Another good thing is an infinitely adjustable belt. Small tweaks help a lot.

Lucky Gunner has a good series on aiwb.

Good luck, I probably have spent $500+ on holsters to find a good combo but a good belt, a wedge and claw do a lot to make aiwb semi comfortable.

I usually just pocket carry an lcp though because it's so much easier.

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
M & P Shield Plus is what I bought after trying all of the pistols in that class. I also use an OWB holster, they are more comfortable and faster on the draw

NDGuy

WKR
Sub-Compact:
Glock 43x
Springfield Hellcat
Sig 365

Compact:
Glock 19
Sig 320C

Can't go wrong with any of them, unless you care about finding the best deal just grab all of these and see which you like the best in hand. Even better if you can shoot some of them.

mulie76

FNG
I own two conceal carry pistols, a S&W Shield 9 (sub compact single stack) & a Glock 43.
The Smith was my first, and still a good option, but only has a 8 round mag.
On the Glock, I purchased the "Shield Arms double stack mag" to bump it up to a 15 round capacity, and upgraded the trigger and love it. I'm a bigger guy, and really have fell in love w/ using Sticky Holster as my primary holster choice. I live in AZ, and wear shorts 12 months a year, so it make a lot of sense here, but a kydex retention of your choice is also necessary in your arsenal of holsters.

Presto

FNG
Oh, I forgot. The LCP comes with a "pocket holster" that does a good job of preventing imprinting and keeps the trigger from being contacted with fingers.
The LCP is a great gun for pocket carry. The pocket holster works well. Also an easy gun for ankle holster. I prefer the ease of carrying that to my g19 appendix carry 99% of the time

Glocks always work, I carry my G22 (.40 cal) in my EDC and a G40 (10mm) in the field (replaced my S&W 329PD in .44mag). I like Glocks for dirty duty, you can abuse em. I carry at 3 o'clock quite comfortably. In the field I am either open carry or wearing something that will cover my OWB holster. Depending on my pack and for open carry may strap the firearm cross-draw style. Comfort matters. Beyond that...get yourself some good SD training, learn the drills of CCW permit holders and what to avoid. A gun is a tool...absent basic training you're a tool too. Nobody should carry a firearm for self defense absent training.

65f5c949-a35a-44bd-a752-5c2a779815c2_zpsd52582d0.jpg

Last edited:

Artanis95

Lil-Rokslider
If nobody has mentioned them yet check out the Alien gear shape shift pack I love mine ( 5'9" 215lbs) and was recommended it by my brother (6'4" 400lbs) full size 1911s and sig p226 respectively they even have a YouTube video up about carry for husky folks or something like that. Check them out.

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
Update.
I got my JX Tactical Fat Guy holster a couple of days ago. I've been wearing it around the house, farm & at work ever since it arrived. It took a little bit of fenagling to find the best position & angle & a few hours to get used to the new sensation, but I have to say, I 'think I may have lucked out on my first try! This thing is really comfortable walking, standing, sitting & sitting in my recliner. It doesn't seem to print too badly, even in thin shorts & a normal fitting polyester Tee. Put it this way...Le Wifey has no idea I've been carrying since Saturday.

I emailed JX to see if it was compatible with any of the proprietary 'claw fittings, since the only really visible point is the very tip of the grip & I'm waiting to hear back on that.

Full frontal peg shot......😁
20210601_175645.jpg

20210601_175700.jpg

WARNING!!! Belly shot! 😆

20210601_175724.jpg

Evol

Lil-Rokslider
Update.
I got my JX Tactical Fat Guy holster a couple of days ago. I've been wearing it around the house, farm & at work ever since it arrived. It took a little bit of fenagling to find the best position & angle & a few hours to get used to the new sensation, but I have to say, I 'think I may have lucked out on my first try! This thing is really comfortable walking, standing, sitting & sitting in my recliner. It doesn't seem to print too badly, even in thin shorts & a normal fitting polyester Tee. Put it this way...Le Wifey has no idea I've been carrying since Saturday.

I emailed JX to see if it was compatible with any of the proprietary 'claw fittings, since the only really visible point is the very tip of the grip & I'm waiting to hear back on that.

Full frontal peg shot......😁
View attachment 295873

View attachment 295874

WARNING!!! Belly shot! 😆

View attachment 295875
If you don't have luck with a claw, try a wedge. JMCK and Tier one sell them separately, I think they help more than a claw and you can put it on any holster.

TheGDog

WKR
For your .380, just get yourself a "sticky" pocket holster and be done with it.

Their "stickyness" makes the holster itself hold onto your pockets fabric a little bit to help ensure you get a clean draw from, and can clear from, the holster. The rounded ness of their shape makes printing be inconclusive unless you're talking pants designed of very thin fabric. They have a little sorta hook shaped part to them intended to catch the edge of your pocket opening upon the withdrawal stroke once you've reached-in and grabbed into the firearms grip and began pulling outward. The hook part and the general stickyness of it catches the inside of your pocket so it doesn't just stay stuck on the pistol as you pull it out of the pocket.