Carrying a rifle in a kifaru timberline without rifle attachment?

sk1

WKR
Anyone come up with any decent ideas to carry a rifle in a DT1 without the gun bearer? I forgot to order it with my pack and am going out in the morning....trying to figure out a good solution but I'm at work until morning so I don't have my rifle

Any thoughts?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have used the grab-it. It holds it just fine. If you have one:)

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
I have used the grab-it. It holds it just fine. If you have one:)

I do have one......isn't the gap from the pack to the grab it a little too big? or do you just leave the grab it almost slack a little to make a pocket for it to hang down in?

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
No I put the rifle in and suck it up tight. I use the over the top strap to hold the barrel.

Jordan

Lil-Rokslider
If you have the DT you might be able to attach the grab it to the frame like the cargo panel. That would eliminate the space between the grab it and the pack.

OP
sk1

sk1

WKR
Yeah I did put it on a frame but there is still a gap a rifle butt I would think could fit through....but I suppose an upper compression strap on the barrel will keep the butt from getting that close to the gap to fall in

Thanks I guess I'll give that a shot.....12 inches of fresh snow an 3000 ft elevation gain in 1.8 miles ill be wanting to start with my trekking poles out!

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
My rifle has never fell out and I have packed it a long ways in the grab it.