Carrying a sidearm while bowhunting?

Do you carry a sidearm while bowhunting?

• yes

Votes: 94 61.4%
  • no

Votes: 22 14.4%
  • depends

Votes: 37 24.2%

• Total voters
They recommend
What holster works well on the Kifaru belts with the PALS system?

I will be carrying on my elk hunt. Probably a Glock 29 with KKM 4.5" barrel and some Buffalo Bore 220 hard cast.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Kifaru recommends JM Custom Kydex. Put in the comments that you will be using the holster on a Kifaru pack and they will set it up for you. That is what I run and it works extremely well.

ncavi8tor

WKR
They recommend

Kifaru recommends JM Custom Kydex. Put in the comments that you will be using the holster on a Kifaru pack and they will set it up for you. That is what I run and it works extremely well.
Excellent! Thank you!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Use a bladetech dropped offset holster...it can carried when you are running a pack or not so it is on you at all times pack or no pack and it does NOT interfere with waist belt on my mystery ranch. Running a G20. This way I can drop the pack for a stalk or when glassing and still have it on me.

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
Use a bladetech dropped offset holster...it can carried when you are running a pack or not so it is on you at all times pack or no pack and it does NOT interfere with waist belt on my mystery ranch. Running a G20. This way I can drop the pack for a stalk or when glassing and still have it on me.
I think this aspect is crucial. I made a chest rig cause I didn't like/too cheap to buy what was out there. It all stemmed from a bear encounter during lunch where my pack and gun were 8 ft away.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm new to bow hunting and often hunt solo here in Alaska. This fall I took a trip top Kodiak to hunt deer. I was going to take my Glock 27 .40 with hardcast.. but chickened out at the last moment and grabbed my buddy's S&W .44 Mag. I think that there are so many variables with bear encounters that you cannot say for certain what caliber or firearm would be best. The firearm that gives you the most confidence and peace of mind is what you should take in my opinion. Without confidence, the outcome of your hunt will be negatively influenced and you will just not enjoy your hunt to its full potential.

Always packing, usually my 10mm but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Bears, lions, tweakers, illegal pot growers. Never know what you may run into.

Everyday, no matter the situation. The only thing that changes is the weapon and the way in which I carry it to meet the activity and clothing choices. I firmly believe if you design a set up for all types of carry situations you will always have a way to protect yourself. Now for carrying while bowhunting, you better believe it. I live in and hunt Alaska.