Carrying rifle/bow on MR Popup

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
I have tried searching, saw a couple mentions but not much else.

Is there anyone on here using a Mystery Ranch Popup pack and hauling a rifle/bow on/in it? I see their quick sling attachment that has very mixed reviews.

Western day hunter, just hoping to have the option to carry that way if needed. If I can't get the bow to fit no biggie rifle would be sweet though.

nnkboykin

FNG
I just took a gamble and ordered the KUIU quick draw gun holder. It hasn't come in yet but I believe it will work on my MR pintler. Give it a look.

OP
flyfisher117

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
I just took a gamble and ordered the KUIU quick draw gun holder. It hasn't come in yet but I believe it will work on my MR pintler. Give it a look.
🤔 definitely simple enough. Might work on my Popup 38. I am worried that if not loaded the upper pack is floppy so the gun may flop side to side .

kcm2

WKR
The Kifaru gun bearer works very well for carrying rifles.

I just picked up a bowhitch which looks like a darn good way to haul a bow around with your backpack. No field time, but it's pretty slick.

I just picked up a bowhitch which looks like a darn good way to haul a bow around with your backpack. No field time, but it's pretty slick.

hah that looks pretty cool. I’m gonna try the Montana bow sling this season.
Seems a bit more secure from swinging around since it has 2 attachment points, but the bow hitch looks faster and pretty decent.

OP
flyfisher117

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider

Does the gun bearer do well with floppy packs? The popup 38 is pretty floppy unless filled. For all I know I will likely have it filled but in the event I dont.. I just want to make sure the gun won't be flopping around. On the side of the pack.

The bow hitch looks interesting. I've also been looking at the bow spider or what ever it's called. They popped up on my Facebook and a local shop also carries them. Maybe I'll swing in and see if he will let me test one out. If the spider works like they advertise it would also be nice when on the local 3D range.

kcm2

WKR
The gunbearer works off the hip belt and shoulder strap so it should be fine. I only have experience on a Kifaru pack with gunbearers so I'm not the guy to comment. But the ones I have seen looked okay.

I really like the Slick Sling from the guy that makes the Montana Bow sling. Its only $20 and works great.

OP
flyfisher117

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
Hmm does look pretty slik.. price is right and it's ready to ship unlike other options.
I really like the Slick Sling from the guy that makes the Montana Bow sling. Its only $20 and works great.