Carson Wentz proves Matt Rinella’s point

sndmn11

WKR
Well, that ship has sailed. Hunting was and always will be normal. Heck, hunting is the reason man exists every human on earth has hunting/hunters in their blood and past whether they want to admit it or not. Someone in their bloodline was a hunter.

What’s changed is the people. They are the ones that aren’t normal anymore and there is no way you’re changing them anymore than any of them could convince you that you need to quit hunting and live off of soy lattes.

When people can’t see eye to eye it’s best to just go your separate ways. I definitely don’t hide hunting i’m as obviously a hunter as could be be in my day to day. However, FB, IG, Twitter etc is the realm of the weird so i don’t fraternize with them there as i have zero Social Media accounts. Similar to how we never have any blue haired social media/phone addicted types in our hunting camps. Only normal people allowed there.

Man historically has never been about sitting around a campfire altogether singing songs, holding hands, and saying dumb stuff like “we are all human”. Nope, we’ve always had warring clans, tribes, nations etc. We aren’t all meant to get along and agree with each other man isn’t wired that way. Nothing has changed today. Stay normal brother and don’t give those social media addicted weirdos another millisecond of your time they aren’t in your clan. Best to just ignore them and go about your businesses of killing your food like normal people do.
I appreciate the thoughtful reply.

I agree that hunting has been paramount in the evolution and prosperity of man. I think it started to become a hobby about 100 years ago and is no longer a part of everyday culture.

I disagree that people who do not hunt or are not immersed in it are an enemy or those who I cannot see eye to eye with. I believe that a strong majority of those people don't really care. I don't golf, bike, ski, do yoga, cross-fit, or swim, but I don't look at those people as an enemy. I also don't look at those people as abnormal or weird. I am certain though that any of those people aren't afraid to say that they like to snowboard and share a photo of them doing so.

I think it is a poor path for any group of people to try and hide from society because it sets the presumption that they themselves believe there are issues with what they are doing. In the same way that someone might share a picture of receiving their degree, or an athlete with their championship trophy, I don't see sharing a picture of an animal they are proud of to be any different. My opinion is that doing so is a better path towards normalizing hunting as acceptable to the majority of the population who isn't pro or anti-hunting, and better than alienating and suppressing ourselves.

Do any of you asking for an end to hunting in the media, see how effective the opposite action has been for the LGBTQ+ movement? Moving attitudes past shock and into mundane acceptance has occured due to a prolific campaign of flooding media with their ideals and images.

I don't think hunters going into the closet will have any positive effect on the future of hunting. I think normalizing hunting should be the goal.
So you’re saying we should do a twerking story hour in full Sitka subalpine gear at our local elementary school. Got it, I’ll make some calls

sndmn11

WKR
So you’re saying we should do a twerking story hour in full Sitka subalpine gear at our local elementary school. Got it, I’ll make some calls
If you think twerking in your Sitka at the grade school will get those kids to view hunting as a fun positive, sure, why not. You probably know the kids in your locale better than I do and that lends you to understand the best approach that would resonate with them.

My preference is to just plainly see people have no reservations in sharing a picture of the end result(s) of their hunt. I think it is great to see the regular person from young to old doing so, as well as celebrities such as Bryan Callen, Barry Bonds, Carson Wentz, Eva Longoria, Halle Berry (with shooting sports), and yes, Joe Rogan.

If you think twerking in your Sitka at the grade school will get those kids to view hunting as a fun positive, sure, why not. You probably know the kids in your locale better than I do and that lends you to understand the best approach that would resonate with them.

My preference is to just plainly see people have no reservations in sharing a picture of the end result(s) of their hunt. I think it is great to see the regular person from young to old doing so, as well as celebrities such as Bryan Callen, Barry Bonds, Carson Wentz, Eva Longoria, Halle Berry (with shooting sports), and yes, Joe Rogan.
I… uh….. I wasn’t serious.

tony

WKR
Best move I made, now over 6 months ago was dropping face book. While I have an account, its for messenger to talk with the old lady at work. As I can't take my phone in the prison.
I dont tick talk, twit, snatch chat. And my instant gram has 3 pictures of my mountain bike.

People love shooting themselves in the dick posting to any of the above. I wouldn't even post a fat whitetail doe I killed with my truck on line anymore.

Interesting turn of events regarding outdoor life’s survey. So despite all the mental masturbation about how great social media is and how it’s helping hunting long-term, this shows the opposite. Granted it was a small survey.

So do we need to Facebook and Instagram even harder?
Maybe more kill shot videos will help, huntresses hot mouthing ducks, or bear spearing videos.

Last edited: