Carter Evolution, love it, hate it

Colobwhntr

Lil-Rokslider
Been shooting the evolution for several years now and sometimes I love the thing others not so much. Seems like my anchor is not as consistent as my wrist strap where I put my knuckle tucked under my ear. The evolution just seems like it anchors in the middle of nowhere on my face. Most times I shoot very good with it but there’s times when I just can’t find a good anchor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nphunter

WKR
I shoot very well with my evolution as long as I don’t try to punch the shot. I find I shoot Broadheads and bareshafts better with the evolution also. I believe it’s because I’m pulling staring back with pressure on the wall and that causes less effect from inconsistent face pressure.
I don’t hunt with the evolution but I use one for practice a lot as well as a 2 moons hinge. I’ve been hunting with a simple 1 the last few years and really like the thumb release, I am thinking about switching to a wise choice for hunting because they are identical to the evolution. I would prefer to always use the same anchor for consistency.

If you are shooting too long of a draw length the evolution is hard to anchor with. I’m actually planning on switching to a 1/2” shorter draw when I switch to a wise choice since my simple 1 has a very short neck. I’ve been struggling a little with a consistent anchor since switching bows. I went from a 33ATA to a 29.5ATA which increased the string angle a bit requiring a longer draw length to get the string to my nose. I ordered a bormar nose button to hopefully help out with bringing the string back to my nose, without having it so far back on my face.

I use to shot a thumb and hinge in the off season but hunted with a wrist strap. I feel like my shooting improved a lot when switching full time to a thumb. With a handheld, I put my index finger under my jawbone and bring the string to the very tip of my nose. The most important part is peep acquisition, really the best way setup your bow is to draw back to anchor, anchor comfortably, turn slightly to touch your nose and open your eyes. You should be looking through the peep and if your not the peep needs adjusted. It’s really hard to have this be perfect with different releases and your better off setting up the bow for the one you use the most.

With all of that said the evolution is a great tool for shot execution and if your not hunting with it you would benifit even if all you did was blank bale with the thing.

blkqi

WKR
The only "good" anchor point is the one you use everytime.

You need to pick a spot. For example, I use the back of my jaw bone.

wapitibob

WKR
You can change the finger pressure to mimic a wrist strap but depending the way the hook opens it may not shoot as smooth.
80% pressure with the ring finger, 15% middle, 5% index finger. This will rotate the body way around and set the index finger in line with the wrist like your wrist release.

Zac

WKR
I gave mine away to a random trigger puncher at the range. Bought the Stan and sold every other release I had. For what it's worth I found it was easier to find a good anchor with the Silverback. The Stan is much nicer than both of them though.

It shot just alright for me as well. I just never found the way the hook twisted the d loop gave me the super consistent and clean release I need. It did help me understand the concept of back tension better. Definitely a good training tool, just not meant for me. Sell it, try something else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ian Ketterman

Lil-Rokslider
I've been shooting one about 3 months now and I agree, it took sometime to find a nice, consistent anchor point. But since then I shoot pretty well with it. I like the chocolate a lot as well and noticed a had a touch smaller groups with it.

stonewall

WKR
Love and hate. Use for training. Nock on wood (pun) I’ve been executing the hinge pretty well lately. And have set up the evolution for my wife

Sharpsman

FNG
They definitely require a high level of commitment to that release. I shoot one as well of better than anything else I’ve tried. The hardest thing is shooting through the suck part until you get good with it. It’s very hard to struggle through the learning curve with out picking up what’s been comfortable in the past and shooting it because it’s familiar