Carter release won't cock

I have a Carter first choice that was working perfectly a few days ago. When I picked it up this morning it won't cock. With my other hand I have to move the sear closed as im pressing the button. Anyone run into this issue before?

targetpanic

Lil-Rokslider
The internals on many of the carters are the same (springs, gates and sears). Dirt or grime can get in there or you could have a broken spring. You can usually take them apart and see if a spring is broken or has come out of place and give it a good cleaning while you are in there. WHATEVER YOU DO>>>MAKE SURE YOU TAKE IT APART IN A GALLON ZIPLOC BAG!!!! Otherwise you will have springs shooting everywhere.
There is a maintenance section on their website with pictures and an explanation.
PS I have found it easier to take the screws out and separate the 2 halves of the release using a flathead screwdriver rather than their smack it on the table method.

OP
Kbhillhunter
The internals on many of the carters are the same (springs, gates and sears). Dirt or grime can get in there or you could have a broken spring. You can usually take them apart and see if a spring is broken or has come out of place and give it a good cleaning while you are in there. WHATEVER YOU DO>>>MAKE SURE YOU TAKE IT APART IN A GALLON ZIPLOC BAG!!!! Otherwise you will have springs shooting everywhere.
There is a maintenance section on their website with pictures and an explanation.
PS I have found it easier to take the screws out and separate the 2 halves of the release using a flathead screwdriver rather than their smack it on the table method.

That zip lock bag tip is key! Definitely would have lost a spring