Cascade Mountain Tech Aluminim Quick Lock Trekking Poles with Cork Grip

I gave a pair to my dad. He used them on an 15 mile day trip and they had no issues. I think they are a great value for the money. They aren't the lightest but in no way are they heavy. More importantly they didn't slip at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's been multiple threads on these. You could search and find plenty of reviews, Costco carries them as well, results vary per local Costco though.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Good for the money for sure and great if you aren't sure you want to jump into trekking poles (very low investment even if you upgrade later). I didn't spend the $30-35 on the carbon ones for the kids since those blow up when overstressed and I figure the kids will beat on them. Plus $16 for a pair of aluminum ones I wasn't too concerned if they get beat/lost/etc.

I normally still run a pair of 25yr old REI ones mainly out of nostalgia for them if I had to really think about it. This weekend at the trailhead one of the adjusters was sticking so I tossed it back into the truck and grabbed one the of the kids poles (I brought extras for others) and once I had the adjuster tightened down they worked just fine. My only complaint: 1) I only brought 1 on the trip 2) I didn't leave the snow baskets on them for the trip. Needless to say both user choice errors. :p Ended up bushwacking a few miles (and couple thousand vertical) down a drainage and certainly leaned into the pole at times, it held fine. How long the hardware will last would be my main question. For the cost its not a concern, its just a question of will it be a critical issue to your usage if/when it goes out.

KH_bowfly

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a pair and just got them in the mail. They don't seem to fit very well together for linking poles for my LBO. Anyone have any experience linking these poles?

I've been using the Luke Moffat method with my wife's BD poles until now and that has worked great. I may have to switch methods with these poles.