Cascade Mountain Tech Carbon Ultralight EVA Trekking Poles

Superdoo

WKR
There's a lot of folks on here that swear by the cascades. I bought an aluminum set, but they haven't been put to the test yet. I would go for cork grips vs. the EVA.

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Got these in yesterday, I really like them. One single adjustment point vs 2, should be just fine for anyone around average height. With the sand/mud cups on but the rubber tips off and the wrist straps trimmed 3-4" my pair is 11.7 oz, compared to 17.3 oz for the same configuration of the regular Cascade Mountain Tech Carbon trekking poles. Significant IMO considering you lift them with every step when using them.

freedomhunter25

Lil-Rokslider
If yall are looking at poles. Which I am a huge believer in after this pre season. lol. I cant believe what Ive been missing. check out the black ovis new poles .

rj2

WKR
Got these in yesterday, I really like them. One single adjustment point vs 2, should be just fine for anyone around average height. With the sand/mud cups on but the rubber tips off and the wrist straps trimmed 3-4" my pair is 11.7 oz, compared to 17.3 oz for the same configuration of the regular Cascade Mountain Tech Carbon trekking poles. Significant IMO considering you lift them with every step when using them.

Can you take a pic of how your straps are routed? One of mine was twisted, so I showed them and they sent me a new upper section. It arrived broke, but had the strap routed a 3rd way. Then when I compared them to my original cascade mtn carbon poles, those ones were run a 4th way I think. Just wondering how yours showed up

OP
ChrisAU

ChrisAU

WKR
Can you take a pic of how your straps are routed? One of mine was twisted, so I showed them and they sent me a new upper section. It arrived broke, but had the strap routed a 3rd way. Then when I compared them to my original cascade mtn carbon poles, those ones were run a 4th way I think. Just wondering how yours showed up

I will try to remember to take a pic tonight.

Side note, a buddy ordered some direct from Cascade Mountain Tech last night, they are $52ish shipped with their current sale there. Swear they weren't on their website when I posted this originally.

rj2

WKR
yea I ordered mine from there with a 20% coupon in june. I think they went down to about 52 bucks with coupon, but no free shipping until 60 bucks, so i added an extra set of rubber tips to get me over 60 instead of paying the 8 bucks in shipping, got a free set of rubber tips. free shipping at 40 bucks now so thats pretty good