Case prep station recommendation

Starting to get tired of doing the case prep all by hand. Looking into getting a case prep station. What is the preferred brand and model?

Tobey

Lil-Rokslider
I have the frankford arsenal prep center. Works pretty well. Case trimmer collets are a little weird to get dialed in at first but runs fast once you're there. Haven't tried any of the others, I'm pretty happy with it.

Chad E

WKR
I got a Lyman last year. No idea how it stacks up to the other options but it was a heck of an upgrade to me after doing it all by hand previously. I've had no issues with it.

Rob5589

WKR
Just picked up a used RCBS here. I can tell already it's going to be far more convenient than chucking up the different pieces in my drill.

Blinddog

Lil-Rokslider
Lyman with a case trimmer adapter. makes it a perfect machine, Trim, inner bev, outer chamfer, primer pocket cleaner, and brush in the neck done. a lot slicker than doing it all by hand. then one last tumble before priming and loading. I returned the Franklin - all the attachments seemed to spin unbalanced. (wobble). the Lyman just seems to spin more balanced and is a lot quieter.

I am interested in one of these too. Unfortunately posts like this have a mixed response and dont point to any clear choice.

KineKilla

WKR
I have the RCBS case prep center. I've been happy with it and would recommend it.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

TX_Diver

WKR
I ordered a Lyman recently as it has 5 stations, good reviews, and comes with more accessories (crimp remover). The FA has 4 stations and I would've had to buy the reamers separate (since the Dillon Swage is harder to find than Varget apparently). The FA does have a trim option but I'm trimming brass that has been through a few different guns (i.e. different shoulder lengths) so I figured I'd stick with trimming based on the OAL.

Haven't received it yet but should sometime this week.

I've had an rcbs for years.. Can't say I'm a real high volume reloader but it just chugs along.
I run a pocket brush, flash hole debur, and inside and outside debur, and brushes up top.

I would suggest not putting a primer pocket uniformer on it. I think there best by hand and shaking the shavings off by hand ever couple of cases.
I ruined 100 pcs of 300 brass doing this as the shavings built up and the brass wobbled and made the pockets loose.

B23

WKR
RCBS Brass Boss for me and I bought my dad one for Christmas a couple years ago, both have been great and I'd buy again.

I like my Lyman case prep center, it's certainly better than doing everything by hand. If I had to completely retool tomorrow I'd have the Henderson Trimmer with the Forster 3 way cutter head(s). There's a lot to like about those Forster 3 way heads even if they are used on their classic trimmer base. Trimming and then chamfering/deburring can be a tedious time suck especially if you are doing a lot of cases at once. If only doing 50 or so its not bad at all though. Only problem with the Forster 3 way cutter I can see is that they are caliber specific. So if only doing one or maybe two cartridges its not a bad way to go.