Casual Pack User Suggestions?

JLowry

FNG
First, I only use a full frame pack once per year at the most. I hunt elk and was supposed to hunt moose next year. I mostly hunt from a base camp, but do some one or two day overnights. My only pack of this type is a relic Badlands 4500 and I hate it. I would like to find something that doesn't break the bank because it only gets used once per year, but will allow me to pack a quarter or so of meat right away without returning to camp and dropping the pack load. Some organizational pockets would be a plus for bowhunting purposes, as well as spotting scope/tripod capability and bow holder or way of securing a bow to the pack. I was kind of settled on the MR Metcalf, but am open to suggestions. I focused on the MR line because I can get them at a discounted price, not sure if I can do so with the other companies? I know backpacks don't always fit every body shape the same, so I'm 5'11" and 185 pounds. And old as the hills if that helps! Any input would be appreciated.

bpctcb

WKR
I would go with the Pintler as it zips open. Otherwise it’s similar to the Metcalf.

BP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

JLowry

FNG
I would go with the Pintler as it zips open. Otherwise it’s similar to the Metcalf.

BP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for that. I like the pockets and access but thought it might be lacking a little in the cubic inches of the pack? It looks like it's possible to put a small tent and bedroll on the load shelf and that should help.