Cat crap

yazoomark

FNG
Does anyone here use cat crap preemptively on their optics? If so, does it affect clarity at all? Are there any downsides to using it?

jmez

WKR
No downside and only antifog product I've found that works.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Poser

WKR
I haven’t used their scope product, but I swear by their ski goggle application. I put it on my sunglasses, too.

OP
Y

yazoomark

FNG
Thanks alot for the info guys. I guess my only concern is dors it diminish the quality of the coatings already on the glass.

You just have to make sure ur glass is spotless 1st. Or you'll scratch it while rubbing stuff into it.

Rinse with water, dry with air.

Marble

WKR
Thanks alot for the info guys. I guess my only concern is dors it diminish the quality of the coatings already on the glass.
I've used it for 20 years and have not ever had it scratch glass.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Stalker69

WKR
I have used it yes it works, but so does dish soap. I find they are both effective , but it don’t last terribly long, so carry some with you. I use them , most of the time dish soap now, as it’s readily effective, cheaper, and always on hand.

AKHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using it with good results. However, on a recent moose hunt I am damn glad I had a lens cloth handy in my bino pouch. We had been sitting on a good bull waiting for a shot opportunity for a few hours in a wet snow storm. Seconds before he steps into an opening my scope had finally fogged from being wet in the snow! I had been checking it for hours and it was fine and then it fogged. I was freaking out and thank god I had a lens cloth handy to clear the fog off the lenses. I guess the point is, while the cat crap may help, you darned better have a lens cloth handy!

OP
Y

yazoomark

FNG
I have been using it with good results. However, on a recent moose hunt I am damn glad I had a lens cloth handy in my bino pouch. We had been sitting on a good bull waiting for a shot opportunity for a few hours in a wet snow storm. Seconds before he steps into an opening my scope had finally fogged from being wet in the snow! I had been checking it for hours and it was fine and then it fogged. I was freaking out and thank god I had a lens cloth handy to clear the fog off the lenses. I guess the point is, while the cat crap may help, you darned better have a lens cloth handy!
Whoa! Thanks for the advice!!