Cataracts making Hunting impossible ?

Opah

WKR
I Shot a tree I did not see, it was in between the hog and I, sure killed that tree.
So i went to the optometrist, got a detailed evaluation, they found two things:
My blood had excessive platelets and my eyes started leaking blood inside which caused cataracts, (Fogging my lens) and swelling in side my eyes, both very treatable I was told.
They first started me out getting shots in my eyes to rejuvenate and reduce the swelling in my eyes, once the swelling was down they removed my fogged up lens and installed new ones, that was 11 days ago.
I now have my great vision back, can read the road signs, can see the street lights blocks away not feet like before.
Everything is bright and clear, (Crystal) and I am looking forward to my next hog Hunt with expectation.
I have Kaiser health insurance and it covered all but like 500 dollars in co-pays, If you have sight issues go see an eye doctor, the advancements in Medical technology are amazing.
There was no pain, i was in and out with in 3 hours, the procedure was 15/20 minutes an eye and I was good to go, No eye patches, Just eye drops and sun glasses.
I can read the bottom line of the eye charts and my sight is continuing to get better, this is a forever operation when done you have new eyes that can last you a life time.
I can not express the felling of not being able to read street signs or see street lights until you were right up on them to having the sight of your youth back.
If your sight is fading don't just blame it on getting old, get it checked out and maybe you can to have the sight of your youth back !

OP
O

Opah

WKR
I was snoring some new hog calls, and damned if it didn't work ! Meat in the freezer again.
And when someone thinks I am not dressing out my hog fast enough and wants to do it, Hell let them have at it I say !
OOH shit we forgot about the one Ricola wrapper that fell out of my pocket in camp ! Damn I really should have jumped up the second it was saw on the fake grass carpet. I really do feel bad about that.
What was that a couple years ago ? you don't have anything better to offer the forum than old slants on a fellow member ?
Think its time to move on to something useful ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rich M

WKR
LOL! Nothing like guess or just folks poking too much.

0p glad you’re happy w yer new eyes.

Poltax

Lil-Rokslider
I had both of my cataracts taken out in the spring. They also implanted permanent lenses in each eye. The surgery went great and I am amazed at all the colors that I had been missing.

CoStick

WKR
I am getting it done next year. Only 49, but totally makes sense if you qualify for medical coverage. Had steroid use for a hearing issues and the heavy dose caused the early cataract . Can’t wait to get it done