Catergator rotomolder cooler sale

Grip_tony

FNG
Can someone post up how the gasket is on these coolers? I'm assuming they aren't totally leak proof but want a bit of an idea of what they are like. I'm very on the fence of ordering a 100.
Mine seals up well enough that I can feel a slight vacuum when I open it on a warm day.

Haven't used it yet, but doesn't seem any better or worse than any other roto cooler. One thing it doesn't have is dedicated tie down slots, suppose you could use the handles to run a tie down through. But the price and being usa made I figured I'd give it a shot.

ndayton

WKR
Just used my Catorgator 100 on an Antelope hunt. After 4 days sitting in my truck with 90 degree direct sunlight the frozen water jugs on the bottom had lost very little ice with the jugs on top maybe 50% still ice. I loaded it up with Antelope meat bone in plus head and hide and only had to remove a few water jugs to fit.

When I got home the next day the meat was very cold with a lot of ice still in the jugs.
The only real pain is a cooler that size full of ice jugs weighs a lot and so moving it around by yourself is a no go.

GrayGoose

Lil-Rokslider
Did anyone get the 170qt? Im tempted to pick that one up to use for antelope and early season elk. $309 for the wheeled model.
I have the 170, non wheeled and like it alot. The build quality is on par with other roto cooler brands as well as the smaller sized catergators. I like the dimensions of the 170 compared to yeti and grizzly coolers of similar size. Dont have a tonneau cover but the cooler sits below the bed rails so it should fit under one no problem. I'm not a tall person but can carry it when empty with the handles. Easily fit a bone in elk in it last fall with plenty of room for ice.

Carr5vols

WKR
Additional info on ice timing storage. On the 110 i dropped a 20lb bag of ice, 5-2liters froze and 32-24 oz frozen waters into the cooler on wednesday around 7pm. Cooler was setting on top of diamondback and was opened 2 times per day. The bag ice had melted by day 7 but still had 2 liter ice on day 9. Performed above my expectations.

Note i did prechill the cooler for 24 hours with a 20 lb bag before leaving georgia for colorado.

Sled

WKR
Additional info on ice timing storage. On the 110 i dropped a 20lb bag of ice, 5-2liters froze and 32-24 oz frozen waters into the cooler on wednesday around 7pm. Cooler was setting on top of diamondback and was opened 2 times per day. The bag ice had melted by day 7 but still had 2 liter ice on day 9. Performed above my expectations.

Note i did prechill the cooler for 24 hours with a 20 lb bag before leaving georgia for colorado.

I had a similar experience but used dry ice and frozen water jugs as an initial chill. The dry ice was gone by day 4 but the jugs stayed frozen through day 10 after adding 10lbs of block ice at day 5.

At day 11 the food came out and the rear quarters of the bull were a tight fit.

OP
Jstumbaugh
I put 6 frozen gallon water jugs in my 100/110qt and topped it off with 20lbs of ice, Kept it sealed for 10 days during our hunt and unfortunately didn't need to put any quarters in it. Jugs were mostly frozen when we got home and there were still plenty of cubes from the 20lb bag 10 days later. Very happy with the quality. Thinking about a 170qt but not sure how often I would use it,.

mtnkid85

WKR
Anyone know if these guys usually do a BF sale?
I never did get one, but Im still intereted in a 170 or 210qt for early season elk/antelope. Looks like alot of them are out of stock right now too.

Carr5vols

WKR
I have seen them run sales often. I am also wanting to pick up a 170 or 210. Definitely getting wheels even the 110 is aggravating moving loaded without wheels.

Sled

WKR
I have seen them run sales often. I am also wanting to pick up a 170 or 210. Definitely getting wheels even the 110 is aggravating moving loaded without wheels.

I'd agree. I needed one without wheels to slide under my bed cover but the roto molded coolers are just too heavy to do anything solo without wheels. Even empty it's a chore.

So this year my wife put all the food in there and I used the trusty Sam's club/Costco 150. Can't remember if it's igloo, Coleman or something else but it only cost me $50 several years back.

I ended up getting a 210qt for my elk trip this year. My buddy got one as well. We were able to fit both in between the wheel wells in a Ram 5'7" bed. I ended up harvesting a nice 6x6 bull and was able to fit the entire thing in a single cooler, bone in, with about 30 lbs of dry ice. Cooler performed as well as my RTIC and Cabelas I have as well. The only problem with these big coolers is everyone wants to borrow for their trips as well ;)

iowawhitetailnut

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at these coolers, everybody still really pleased? Anybody know when or if any sales are coming?

Just got one that I bought last week after waiting for a long time. Arrived today. I was at $218 out the door for a wheeled 110 qt. Build quality seems excellent. I may toy around with some ice testing down the road, and if I do I’ll post back.

My five year old and two year old girls can both fit in it. My five year old had the quote of the week when she saw how big it was - “You can take your beers wherever you want now daddy!”. 😂