Catfish Tacos with Pineapple Jalapeno Slaw

JoshTX

WKR
I figured it was time to post up a recipe and some supper pics. My buddy and I caught some good eating sized Catfish this past weekend and I figured I'd throw up one of my wife's favorite ways to cook Catfish. We will fry it OCCASIONALLY but tacos are probably becoming the state food of Texas and this is a good recipe for fish filets. Any edible fish will do.

To start I pat dry the filets and liberally apply Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning on both sides of the filets.

Fish pic1.jpg

Next up is the slaw. It's nice because it adds some crunch and the pineapple and jalapeno add some sweet and spice.
We shred up some cabbage and add diced tomatoes, diced jalapenos and pineapple and some red onion. Mix up in a bowl.

Fish pic2.jpg

Next up is cook the fish and it's pretty simple. Little bit (tablespoon) of olive oil and get the pan HOT! Cook about 2-3 minutes on each side.

Fish pic3.jpg

Now chop up the fish and put on to the tortillas. We used flour in this case, but I prefer corn. Be advised, it does help to double up the corn tortillas as they will break apart pretty easily. Add the slaw on top, and a little cheese. We like Feta on taco's (I know it sounds gross, but it is awesome) and you can add a little drizzle of Louisiana Hot sauce or your salsa of choice.

Serve up and enjoy!

Fish pic4.jpg

I realize this may be off the reservation for some folks, but Texans like Tacos...for breakfast, lunch, dinner, whatever...

Next time you are wondering what to do with extra filets, give this a try. I think you will like it! :cool: